The Random Thoughts Thread

Just bought the American Adventurist official decal. Dilemma on where to stick it. plz help

Step 1: Tally the total number of places you're considering placing the decal.

Step 2: Take that number, subtract 1 for the decal you already have and then purchase that many more decals.

Step 3: Put the decals everywhere you previously tallied. Problem solved.

Or, I've always preferred the rear window option. Decals always come off glass a little more cleanly than anywhere else. Not that you'd ever remove an American Adventurist decal.

Step 1: Tally the total number of places you're considering placing the decal.

Step 2: Take that number, subtract 1 for the decal you already have and then purchase that many more decals.

Step 3: Put the decals everywhere you previously tallied. Problem solved.

Or, I've always preferred the rear window option. Decals always come off glass a little more cleanly than anywhere else. Not that you'd ever remove an American Adventurist decal.

Never!! lower left on the rear windshield is calling me.

Is it just me or does it seem like every “overlander” in the world suddenly needs their own website/blog/community/group or whatever?

I especially love it when they use something original like “Overland” or even “Adventurist” in the title.

Holy flippin’ market saturation Batman...

:rolleyes:

Is it just me or does it seem like every “overlander” in the world suddenly needs their own website/blog/community/group or whatever?

I especially love it when they use something original like “Overland” or even “Adventurist” in the title.

unfortunately its true.

The post about the nurse and patient pretty much sums it up. Competition is good in the long run even if it dilutes the readership- participation initially in my opinion. I believe there is a lot of cross readership among forums. To attract and retain forum members takes time, effort,money,participation and a thick skin while not losing sight of the goal be what it may. Kudos to those that try and moreover succeed.
It's like another post about how many trailer mfg's the market could support?

Spending a few days in San Diego, I found myself on the Bay...

P1200024.JPG

I am driving - yes, driving - Stars and Stripes, USA 11, a 1992 vintage IACC class boat. (That's International America's Cup Class) This boat is 75' long, 120' mast, 13' draft with a 40,000 lb bulb keel. And, it was built and raced by none other than Dennis Connor!

For our 3 hour cruise, I didn't get to drive that long, but I was driving more or less unassisted. I spent most of the cruise grinding on the winches.

All in all, it was a blast!

Mr. Dave, even though I am new to this overland \ adventurist community.........camping I am not stranger to, this forum seems to be the best one I liked. It has great information & members respond to new comers questions or post where some "well".........no so much or not at all. I cruz'd threw some & even signed on one & found to be "clickie". thanks for a great forum.

What a kick, something you will never forget!! Hope you were able to get more pic's

Yes. One of the crew took about a hundred pictures of all of us.

BTW, the wind was blowing a little stronger than usual, and we hit a top speed of 13 knots!

Mr. Dave, even though I am new to this overland \ adventurist community.........camping I am not stranger to, this forum seems to be the best one I liked. It has great information & members respond to new comers questions or post where some "well".........no so much or not at all. I cruz'd threw some & even signed on one & found to be "clickie". thanks for a great forum.

Thanks for joining the community! We'd rather have 500 good members that help each other out than 500K pretentious jerks ;)

Now for another random thought, I have heard via grapevine that after the first of the year the Camp Fire Permit will be vigorously enforced and those not in possession will be cited and making a contribution to the government coffers. They are easy to obtain online so do not be caught without one. just print one out and keep in your vehicle.

Now for another random thought, I have heard via grapevine that after the first of the year the Camp Fire Permit will be vigorously enforced and those not in possession will be cited and making a contribution to the government coffers. They are easy to obtain online so do not be caught without one. just print one out and keep in your vehicle.
Any Ranger, most NFS employees, and many NFS volunteers in the field can also give them to you

Back
Top Bottom