The Random Thoughts Thread

Rub it in, and I'll venture that you can buy more than x number of bullets per month too !!

Not only can I buy a small county's supply of ammo, but check this out:

Q: I just moved to Georgia. Where do I register my handgun?
A: Welcome to Georgia! There is no handgun registration here.

Q: Are “machine guns, silencers, and sawed off shotguns” illegal in Georgia?
A: No, not as long as they are registered under the requirements of the National Firearms Act.

Q: What about “high capacity” magazines?
A: Do you mean normal capacity magazines? Georgia has no law reducing the capacity of magazines for firearms.

Q: How long is the waiting period to buy a Handgun / Shotgun / Rifle in Georgia?
A: There is no waiting period for purchasing a firearm in the state of Georgia.

Q: I just inherited / bought a gun from someone in Georgia, do I need to transfer the gun to my name?
A: No, there is no state registration of firearms, thus there is no requirement to transfer the firearm in your name, unless it is a NFA Firearm. (NFA is National Firearms Act – NFA Firearms are registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives – better known as the ATF)

Q: What is required to purchase a firearm in the state of Georgia?
A: You will need a valid state-issued ID. Many Federal Firearms Licensees will not transfer long guns to out-of-state residents. This is due to the Federal Firearms Licensee’s requirement to uphold your resident state’s gun laws, and the inherent complexity associated with many states. Federal Firearms Licensee’s are prohibited by federal law from transferring hand guns to out-of-state residents.

Q: Do I have to pass a background check when purchasing a firearm from a Dealer?
A: You will be required to pass a background check when purchasing a firearm from a dealer. However, if you possess a valid Georgia Weapons License, your Georgia Weapons License will suffice as your background check. You will be required to show your state issued ID and your Georgia Weapons License in order to avoid the background check. Some firearms businesses may require a background check even if you have a GWL but it is not required by law. It is instead the business’ practices.

Q: Can I sell or purchase a firearm from someone other than a dealer? What about a background check in this instance?
A: Private sales of firearms between individual citizens are legal and do not require background checks. You are allowed to sell your private property to anyone of your choosing, unless the individual is ineligible to own or possess a firearm. Knowingly selling a firearm to a felon is a felony.

Arkansas the same way, but when you leave a liberal run anti gun state like California & move to a Constitutional friendly state your shocked when you make your 1st gun purchase to the state you moved to or ask "were do I take my vehicles for a smog check?" the lady at the state revenue office said " awh honey their aint no smog in the Ozarks. We do not require that here"

Is it just me or does it seem like every “overlander” in the world suddenly needs their own website/blog/community/group or whatever?

I especially love it when they use something original like “Overland” or even “Adventurist” in the title.

Holy flippin’ market saturation Batman...

:rolleyes:

I was at an event recently and was approached by an "entrepeneur" who was real excited/jealous of my camping trips, Jeep, trailer, etc. Dude! You should start a blog about that, and market it.

I looked at him and said, in my best polite, but piss off face as possible, "Thanks, but I don't like people enough to let them know where I'm going to get away from them."

I was at an event recently and was approached by an "entrepeneur" who was real excited/jealous of my camping trips, Jeep, trailer, etc. Dude! You should start a blog about that, and market it.

I looked at him and said, in my best polite, but piss off face as possible, "Thanks, but I don't like people enough to let them know where I'm going to get away from them."

Nice :lol

Meritorious atta-boy!

shirt.png

Bringing this back up. I've been wearing the sample shirt I ordered and a few folks have commented on it. Apparently I'm too picky about print quality as these folks thought it was fine and wanted a shirt. If anyone is interested I used the printing company's built in software to make open a shop so you can order them. I tried to cut out everything I could from the printing company charges to make it available as cheap as I can, and there's a 20% discount coupon at the top of the shop for the next 4 days (something the printer adds in I guess). Messed around with a couple other ideas and put them out there as well. Here's the link:

https://shop.spreadshirt.com/gbexpeditions/?noCache=true
https://shop.spreadshirt.com/gbexpeditions/?noCache=true
@Dave or other admins if I need to move this post somewhere else let me know.

exactly!, the reason why I sold my Nash 5th Wheel & started my build.

^^^ The piece on van life was good. I didnt realize it was as popular as it is. It reminds me of some of my misspent youth (5-ish years of being semi-nomadic on motorcycle and truck in N Az), and makes me want to go do it again on short term or seasonal basis. Ill be wanting some sort of civilized indoor facilities, and real bed, but I'm not too hard to please.

On the free states and gun thing, I have an irrational desire for an SBR semi-auto Thompson. I know they are heavy clunkers, but Thompson.

Back
Top Bottom