The Star Wars Thread

IMG_5186.JPG

I was never a big Star Wars fan. Not huge. I grew up with Trek. My wife on the other hand, she grew up reading the extended universe. When we got married and moved into together she brought with her a huge collection of Star Wars books and memorabilia. I've since started to get more into it. Watching the Clone Wars and Rebels.

Which btw, Clone Wars does a much better job at making Anakin more of a hot-headed badass and less of a pansy.

But the prequels, which were awful are actually secretly brilliant in what they say about the Jedi. It's just Lucas sucks at dialog.

Waited up until midnight and had to sit in "digital que" for 40 minutes when the tickets came out. First available was for Saturday at 9:15am. None of you better spoil anything before then!!!

Cant they reschedule it?

The surgery.
I had to get it in before Dec 31st. We're already maxed out on our 8000 dollar annual deductible. It resets on Jan 1st! But ya I feel ya. I already got my tickets for Saturday at 10:30!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was awesome. I didn't particularly enjoy the 3D however in this movie. Gave me a headache. But the overall story was great, the pacing was well done. And the fan service wasn't as obnoxious as what JJ produced. This is was a war movie. And Vader, oh man. What a badass ending. That's all I'm going to say.

And my boss paid for it, so I'm happy.

Going to see it tonight. Benefit of being in Japan... We ordered our tickets online reserving the seats we wanted. We also get to order food and drinks from our seat.

That's the only reason we saw it so soon, reserved seating, but not wait service at the seat. My Star Wars app alerted me when they went on sale and a few minutes later I had reserved seating for two nights. Don't bother with the 3D though. It didn't seem as intrusive as most movies but it didn't really add anything either.

That's the only reason we saw it so soon, reserved seating, but not wait service at the seat. My Star Wars app alerted me when they went on sale and a few minutes later I had reserved seating for two nights. Don't bother with the 3D though. It didn't seem as intrusive as most movies but it didn't really add anything either.
Nice, glad that practice is starting to gain traction in the States. 3D always degrades picture quality (fact) and detracts more than it adds IMO. Heidi and I hate it and will nearly always skip. I've only seen one movie that it added to the experience. That movie was "Gravity".

We have reserved seats to get our Rogue on for this evening up north in the big town of Erie. Looks like we gots to drive through an additional foot of new snow from last night and possible freezing rain this day to get there but what the hell. Adventure...right?

Back
Top Bottom