The Star Wars Thread

a1M6Mz6_460s.jpg

The sign coming from Sorroco off I-25 said "VERY LARGE ARRAY"

Yeah... @jismay made a joke Dan, based on your description of "array" and being "very large," since you counted at least 60 radio telescope dishes (27). The Very Large Array has been featured in several movies like "Contact" with Jodie Foster and "Terminator Salvation," and one of the "Thor" movies, among others.

It is indeed a very impressive site from the road.

1024px-Very_Large_Array%2C_2012.jpg

1024px-Very_large_array_clouds.jpg

Yeah... @jismay made a joke Dan, based on your description of "array" and being "very large," since you counted at least 60 radio telescope dishes (27). The Very Large Array has been featured in several movies like "Contact" with Jodie Foster and "Terminator Salvation," and one of the "Thor" movies, among others.

It is indeed a very impressive site from the road.

1024px-Very_Large_Array%2C_2012.jpg

1024px-Very_large_array_clouds.jpg
It was also featured in "2010" the sequel to "2001, A Space Odyssey.". And you can get up close to them at the visitors center. Or at least you could 25 years ago when I was last there.

I'm probably going to be the only one on here who is possibly going to this but I'll put it up here if anyone's interested or would like to pass the word along.

Movie in the Park Series
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Saturday, June 25 at 6:00pm
Hesse Park - Upper Grass Field
29301 Hawthorne Blvd, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275

Seating on the grass; bring your own blanket or low slung beach chair. Come early and enjoy a picnic. Enjoy family friendly games before the movie, and dress warm!
No dogs allowed at the event.

Back
Top Bottom