Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
I'm very intrigued by the mini - seems to be what I'm looking for. But, if you're going to carry the mini, you may as well carry the full shiftpod. :confused:
True statement. Looking at both now in their cases, only difference is length of the case and weight.

Mini is 4.5 feet in its case, full size is 6.5 feet.

That’s also where you get your interior standing height.

Truth. I'm going to get some real opportunities to test this in all weather - the Midwest is famous for rapid weather changes and unexpected storms!

I was on the fence for a LONG time on this to be honest. It's very "non-traditional" in both appearance and details.

Once thing you can be sure of, if it sucks you know I'll say it (and they'll hear about it)... :lol
Hopefully we will get to see it in action up in UWHARRIE :backpacker

Greg

Adventurist
Senior Staff
True statement. Looking at both now in their cases, only difference is length of the case and weight.

Mini is 4.5 feet in its case, full size is 6.5 feet.

That’s also where you get your interior standing height.
Roof rack? From the Shiftpod website the stored dimension is 76" x 13" x 13" for the full size. That's too long for the bed of the Tacoma (73.2") and the interior of the JL Unlimited with the rear seats folded (72.4") unless placed at an angle.

How's the JL's legroom on the passenger side? You at least have the option of moving the passenger seat forward.

Top Bottom