2024 Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Added to Calendar: 17-10-24, 18-10-24, 19-10-24, 20-10-24

Screenshot 2024-09-16 122436.png

Line Fire Update #5: "Hold the Line" is Friday's morning report. A glimpse of hope in that there has been little fire growth in the last 24 hours. Containment is up to 21%.

A chance of showers is coming Sunday night and again on Wednesday night should help.

Significant progress is being made on the flank of the fire facing Camp Tahquitz. A fireline is in place for Angelus Oaks, and it reinforces the prescribed burn conducted there earlier this year. The main fire has bumped this line and it's holding.

Line Fire Update #6: on Sunday, yesterday, strong winds pushed the fire over the line again, accomplishing short runs along the Big Bear ridge and advanced towards Camp Tahquitz. We estimate the fire is now 3.5 miles from Camp but is holding on a secondary dozer line.

Several additional backup lines were also constructed on ridgelines ahead of the main fire in case it erupts again. The fire is now 39,026 acres with 42% containment.

Winds are expected to remain calm today with a 30% chance of showers, and even a chance of snow tonight. This will allow firefighters to strengthen line and for the burn to cool for this troublesome part of the fire. We are closing in on the end game, and the weather today should help usher that end. Keep good thoughts!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1726502246457.jpg
    FB_IMG_1726502246457.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 16
Here’s the latest closure area map from the forest service. I added a little red rectangle that is the approximate parcel shape and location of Camp Taqhitz. I added a screenshot from my phone since the PDF requires a download to view.
IMG_1731.jpeg

Attachments

• fseprd1203863.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 22
Don’t forget about our CAMP COOKING COMPETITION!

Saturday is a FEAST! So please, PLEASE bring a dish to share even if you don’t want to compete - this all started with a POTLUCK!!!
Camp Cooking Competition and Potluck Sponsored By.png

Back
Top Bottom