2014 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Are you attending the 2014 Desert Rendezvous?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^Pfft, I can supply you with a couple of bags of empty beer cans and a Scotch bottle to help meet that goal!

Customer gave me a bottle of Johnny Walker Red yesterday, not the best Scotch, but it will do. Don't want to waste the good stuff on you heathens out in the desert!
The truck is packed (even the cold stuff, both fridges plugged in to shore power), my appt schedule at work tomorrow looks skinny, might get out of there early afternoon rather than late afternoon. It would be nice to hit the road early, get to the Bradshaw Trail head before dark.

I'm trying to feel bad for you guys that have to work Friday and take the super slab to get there, just can't do it.

Tried again...just can't pull it off!:cool:

^^^^Pfft, I can supply you with a coupe of bags of empty beer cans and a Scotch bottle to help meet that goal!

Customer gave me a bottle of Johnny Walker Red yesterday, not the best Scotch, but it will do. Don't want to waste the good stuff on you heathens out in the desert!

As a newb scotch drinker, I'm not gonna turn down a sip or two of JW Red! :) I'll find you.. I think you me Cris and Mike all need to camp together as a "fullsize group". What say ye?

I prefer to camp on the fringe of the main group rather than in the center of all the commotion. Dave (jr explorer) and his wife in their Dmax/Flippac has committed to camping in my general vicinity. He ran the Mojave Rd with us a few months ago. Apparently he has forgotten my generally crappy disposition, or is willing to take another shot at it with his wife present to witness the antics of a jackass up close!

You're more than welcome to hang with us if you want to.

Apparently he has forgotten my generally crappy disposition, or is willing to take another shot at it with his wife present to witness the antics of a jackass up close!

That's why I camp near by
:popcorn

I prefer to camp on the fringe of the main group rather than in the center of all the commotion. Dave (jr explorer) and his wife in their Dmax/Flippac has committed to camping in my general vicinity. He ran the Mojave Rd with us a few months ago. Apparently he has forgotten my generally crappy disposition, or is willing to take another shot at it with his wife present to witness the antics of a jackass up close!

You're more than welcome to hang with us if you want to.

Sounds like my kinda crew. I too have forgotten your jack assedness over the years. Can't wait to hang out!

ROUGH TIMELINE OF EVENTS:

FRI:
1200 Arrivals
1500 Check In Open
1700 Check In Closed
1800 Happy Hour followed by Campfire

SAT:
0800 Check In Open
0900 Desert Cleanup/Trail Runs
1000 Check In Closed
1200 Lunch
1300 Desert Cleanup/Trail Runs
1500 Desert Cleanup Trash Photo/Group Photo
1530 DRV T-shirt distribution at Potluck area. Have your shirt ticket in hand, sizes are first come first serve!
1600 Fire up the BBQ's/Dutch Ovens
1700 Rendezvous Potluck/Dutch Oven Competition
1800 Desert Cleanup Raffle
1900 Campfire

SUN:
0900 Steel Shoot
1000 Amateur Radio License Testing with OAUSA VE's

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one bite the dust! I have to work on Fri and Sat due to urgent matter so I'll have to cancel my spot (bmw635)- Makes 3 open spot total.

I'm out ladies. Looks like you all have to have a great time without 1leg to pick on, ;)

Sorry to miss it but I had something important come up, at least it's not work.

Peace out.

As of now, I'm out. Dog has been missing since 630pm. If not found by 5pm tomorrow, I have to stay in town.

As of now, I'm out. Dog has been missing since 630pm. If not found by 5pm tomorrow, I have to stay in town.

Sorry to hear that. Loved ones take precedence of course ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's Go Time!

More like wait time for me. I was going to leave later this morning but I've got someone coming to see (buy?) the Flippac at 4:30. Looks like I'll get a chance to test the alignment of my Lightforce beams tonight on my way in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom