2014 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Are you attending the 2014 Desert Rendezvous?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving from Lake Forest at appx. 730pm tonight. See y'all soon! :)

It's gonna be a looooong day of organizing, prepping and packing...my truck is currently a "driveway storage unit". Hahaha!

I'll be working on some last minute preparations on the rig here at the shop and leaving around 1200-1300 with an ETA of 1600.

Can't wait to be out there!

-Matt

Just finished up packing the Jeep, should be out of here by 11 or so. Eta 1500-1600. Should have APRS going most of the way, and will be monitoring 2m calling and DRV freqs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

SEE YOU DUDERS OUT THERE WITH FRANKIE! Got the call this morning. Although I had no sleep and didn't do ANY packing last night while combing the streets. I shall pack in haste and rely on Cris for tent poles - jk. New ETA: 2400hours :dog

Just finished up packing the Jeep, should be out of here by 11 or so. Eta 1500-1600. Should have APRS going most of the way, and will be monitoring 2m calling and DRV freqs.

Call sign K I 6 F Q L

1100 departure for this vehicle. We'll be meandering through the country-side "Pines to Palms". We'll get there when we get there....

no comm units :(

I write this from home after just arriving from my mechanics via tow from just out of town. I departed this morning and made it just about to Buckeye when I was hearing some noises from the engine that didn't sound good…very loud belt whine, but not consistent. Open up the engine to find that one half of my alternator bracket is cracked, causing it to vibe around hence the noise. :mad: My mechanic and I had just talked a couple weeks ago about redoing my entire bracket system in the engine bay, because the bracket for my power steering pump had already failed and broken off on a previous trip! :wow

I sat around for about an hour racking my brain trying to figure out a way to secure it…clamp it somehow…JB Weld (which I tried), reading forums for ideas, etc…..but in the end I decided I didn't want to risk any further damage to the engine and being as I was still in AAA range I decided for the tow. So a long and very frustrating day. I figured I had at least a couple more trips with this bracket system, but my off road camping adventure last weekend must have done it in early.

Clearly I have done something to anger the Rendezvous Conspiracy gods, because I am just not meant to be at these events. :rain

I'm going for a long motorcycle ride. Then I'm coming home and drinking all the beer I had packed in the fridge. And the Fireball. :headbang

I'm going for a long motorcycle ride. Then I'm coming home and drinking all the beer I had packed in the fridge. And the Fireball. :headbang

Pack the moto with the beer. Then ride to Rendezvous and ride w me. :moto Bummer about the bracket man, woulda been cool to see your Vanagon.

Sorry Moto peeps. I have two brand new flat tires. The valves won't stop leaking and I think they're leaking elsewhere. I can't ride the bike. I'm just going to come out and hang in camp

Sorry guys, everything has conspired against me. A flat tire did me in and I didn't even make it to LA. The bad luck must stop. Enjoy the campfire - at least it won't smell skunky!

What a blast!

image.jpg

Rolled out of camp early this morning to get home. Just got done washing all the dirt off, and now I'm gonna work on a trip report. Holy cow, what an awesome time. I met some new friends that I'm positive will be friends for life, and only got minor body damage! Thank you to Dave, Mike and all of the AAV staff that make these events possible! I can't wait till MRV!

Last edited:
Not home yet, but this was a true shakedown trip! Was able to limp off trail sans one rear shock, I'm assuming I lost the bolt on the washboard somewhere! Oddly, I'd just checked those last month, but there you go.

The Napa in Indio had the bolt I needed to put it back on. Thanks to everyone who spotted it dragging or offered assistance!

Currently eating Chile Verde and rehydrating in Indio, and will blast back to SD next.

What a weekend!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We're home. my hats off to the staff that had to have put in many hours to put this together for us!!

It was very nice seeing old faces and meeting lots of new ones.

Rick

Don't feel bad Herbie my roof rack lost 2 bolts on the way out luckily they cascaded down onto my windshield wipers and I saved them. BTW killer fondue bud. Big thanks to cast and crew that organized and put this event on. I even got to meet Dave, yeah "THE" Dave who let me scope out his tiptop, Thanks Dave

The Baja Civic and my F-150 made it out just fine and Kris and I are now back at our SD and LA homes. Many thanks to Dave, Mike, Mitch and all of the AAV crew for making possible an incredible weekend with so many real and genuine people. Kris and I had a blast and we are especially proud of the fact that we were able to identify and solve all of the world's problems with our many new friends around the campfire.

We hope everyone enjoyed the quesadillas and carnitas tacos on Saturday evening. We were able to put out about 70 tacos and quite a few (lost count!) quesadillas and had a great time doing it.

Cam
www.mojoeoutfitters.com

Home and FJ unloaded. Had an amazing time!!! Such a great event! Meet lots of new friends, had a great trail ride, and some amazing campfire time! Thank you to everyone who organized the rendezvous!!! Epic time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom