The Random Thoughts Thread

^^^^It's also why you don't torque lug nuts with an impact gun.
So true! This is actually why I carry a torque wrench in the truck at all times. That, and Land Rover's explicit instructions that lug nuts be tightened to precisely one-hundred-and-three, no more, no less. One-hundred-and-three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be one-hundred-and-three. One-hundred-and-four shalt thou not count, neither count thou one-hundred-and-two... :eek:

Yep sucks, FYI it is a broken stud, lug should be good if you can extract broken stud.
At $20 per lug nut I certainly hope so. The stud is from a non-oem spacer, no doubt why it failed (I've seen wheels break before Land Rover's overkill studs).

So true! This is actually why I carry a torque wrench in the truck at all times. That, and Land Rover's explicit instructions that lug nuts be tightened to precisely one-hundred-and-three, no more, no less. One-hundred-and-three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be one-hundred-and-three. One-hundred-and-four shalt thou not count, neither count thou one-hundred-and-two... :eek:

At $20 per lug nut I certainly hope so. The stud is from a non-oem spacer, no doubt why it failed (I've seen wheels break before Land Rover's overkill studs).
On a positive note looks like it broke fairly flat so drilling may be easier and I'm sure you're aware of the mix of acetone- ATF as a penetrant? I usually get handed a 45 degree snap requiring a Dremel job before drilling

So for those following along, I received my replacement shirt. It’s better, if only a little. I’ll just keep looking forward to the high quality AAV version to come.

B94B685D-4476-41ED-929B-18DEB5077834.jpeg

I always believe everything I read on the internet, especially promotional press releases from a mfg'r. Missing of course was pricing and release date not to mention distance remaining after a couple of 0 to 60 runs. There is a hitch option that allows you to tow a 25k generator AND a sport hitch option the carries 4 Honda 5k generators linked for those canyon carving runs.
I do appreciate the innovation aspect.

Last edited:
I always believe everything I read on the internet, especially promotional press releases from a mfg'r. Missing of course was pricing and release date not to mention distance remaining after a couple of 0 to 60 runs. There is a hitch option that allows you to tow a 25k generator AND a sport hitch option the carries 4 Honda 5k generators linked for those canyon carving runs.

$5000 down, $245,000 balance

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/16/tesla-unveils-the-new-roadster/

1.9 seconds for 0 to 60
4.2 seconds for 0 to 100.
Quarter-mile in 8.9 seconds.
630 miles of highway driving range. :eek:
Most impressive. I remember my first experience in the Tesla... the driver asked if I was buckled in and sitting firmly in the seat. He hit the accelerator and I was unprepared for the launch which immediately snapped my brain housing group into the head rest. My neck hurt for about 2 weeks after that, but it was pretty cool at the time. Similar to a "cat shot" from a aircraft carrier. Amazing.

What I would like to learn more about is the tractor behind the car though...

Most impressive. I remember my first experience in the Tesla... the driver asked if I was buckled in and sitting firmly in the seat. He hit the accelerator and I was unprepared for the launch which immediately snapped my brain housing group into the head rest. My neck hurt for about 2 weeks after that, but it was pretty cool at the time. Similar to a "cat shot" from a aircraft carrier. Amazing.

What I would like to learn more about is the tractor behind the car though...

That's suppose to have a 500 mile range.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/16/tesla-unveils-its-vision-of-the-future-of-trucking/

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/17/walmart-tesla-semi-test/

I agree. But it's a really big gamble to throw numbers out like a 500 mile range for a semi and a 600 mile range for the roadster to the public. You either have something or you are in your death throws and are trying to get a quick influx of cash from suckers.

I just did the paperwork for a warranty battery replacement on a Chevy Volt...warranty price for the battery is $8709!:eek:

I'm surprised our tax dollars don't pay for the replacement battery, like we did for the original.

Oh wait, the occupant of the White House changed...

Back
Top Bottom