The Random Thoughts Thread

bob91yj

Adventurist
Founding Member
I spent three years in Italy as a kid. My neighbor had Lego's, I had Lincoln Logs, and Tinker Toys, Erector sets when I got back to the states.

Haggis

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Editor
Founding Member
I had logs, a chainsaw, a coon skin cap and a pet coon. At least until it got up in the suspended ceiling in the kitchen and fell through the tiles, than I had two coon skin caps! Thanks Dad!

I had plenty of Lincoln logs, Tinker Toys and Hot Wheels too! All you used your own imagination to play with! I still have the case I kept my Hot Wheels in as well as several of the cars! All are pretty beat up and despite being ancient, doubt they are worth anything.

I had plenty of Lincoln logs, Tinker Toys and Hot Wheels too! All you used your own imagination to play with! I still have the case I kept my Hot Wheels in as well as several of the cars! All are pretty beat up and despite being ancient, doubt they are worth anything.
I still have my Hot Wheels, too.

Mattel Fanner 50s! With individual cartridges you put stick-on caps on!
I remember a roll of caps - they were red if I remember correctly.

I remember my G.I Joe's from the 70's. Seems like some people took inspiration from their childhood toys to build their adult play-things

Lets see -- roof top lights, check -- drone, check -- detachable trailer, check - and on, and on, and on
:jeep50

Mike

Adventurist
Founding Member
I remember my G.I Joe's from the 70's. Seems like some people took inspiration from their childhood toys to build their adult play-things

Lets see -- roof top lights, check -- drone, check -- detachable trailer, check - and on, and on, and on
I had these as well. The Original GI Joe, not that crap of today. I had the Jeep and the mobile support vehicle. Ah the good old days...

HahaI I still have this! Ran across it in my parents attic while looking for cool old toys to show my Grandson

Al Swope

Adventurist
Founding Member
Random math question.

Say you had a 1" copper pipe freeze and break inside a wall because the outside temperature is -8F. Say that pipe was at 60psi and burst overnight and ran for 6-10 hours. How much water would have flooded your entire lab?

Answer: a shit load

Capture.PNG

Random math question.

Say you had a 1" copper pipe freeze and break inside a wall because the outside temperature is -8F. Say that pipe was at 60psi and burst overnight and ran for 6-10 hours. How much water would have flooded your entire lab?

Answer: a shit load

View attachment 43472
IMG_20190131_100807.jpg

I've seen that same volume of water in a crawl space under very similar circumstances. Not fun.

Top Bottom