Frankie the Adventure Dawg's Reports

Red Rock...i'm not sure if Senior Skip Day is still a thing in high schools...Red Rock is where we all went for ours, way back in 1979.

Getting ready for a spooktacular holiday! Garrett said I can't pee on the pumpkins though. In exchange, I can scare kiddos next week!

IMG_4273.jpg

Who loves Baja?! Garrett loves Baja. Garrett couldn't bring the doggos to the Baja 1000 this year due to new rules in the pit, but since Brittni was staying home, they were well cared for! I loaded up Wednesday and skipped out early from work to head south. I picked up Andy and then landed with @bob91yj and Machelle in San Diego. (Thanks for giving us a place to sleep!)

The next morning, everyone loaded up in the truck and headed south of the border. We stopped at the Baja 1000 contingency event in Ensenada before heading to BF Goodrich Tires Pit #1. On Friday, the race began and we started seeing racers mid morning. The trophy trucks came by in the early afternoon and we pitted vehicles until after dark! We were tired, dirty and happy as we rolled in to Pete's Camp in San Felipe close to midnight. A few brews and we were all asleep! Saturday was spent relaxing with a quick trip into town for obligatory fish/shrimp tacos, a little shopping, quesadilla supplies and fireworks! We had such a fun day that we were in bed by 930pm!

All told, Garrett drove 1,083 miles with 23.08 hours behind the wheel, burning 66 or so gallons of fuel. Not bad for four people and full truck bed of gear. (ice and beer are heavy!)

Contingency!
IMG_4437.jpg

Trucks starting to come through
IMG_4447.jpg

Need fuel?
IMG_4450.jpg
IMG_4452.jpg
IMG_4458.jpg

Yeah, we can fix that!
IMG_4460.jpg
IMG_4468.jpg
IMG_4471.jpg
IMG_4472.jpg
IMG_4475.jpg

The camping isn't half bad on the beach and the food is always good!
IMG_4487.jpg
IMG_4479.jpg

We thought it appropriate to spend Frankie and Garrett's birthdays in the snow romping around Ponderosa, CA. There was even a snow storm!

They drove up in the fog and the dark! A few icy patches, but the fun part was at 1am when Garrett decided to veer off the road to the camp spot and promptly sank the truck. It was around 1:15 when James woke up in his Jeep and gave them a tug. Garrett needs some traction mats.
IMG_4589.jpg

The next day was beautiful!
IMG_4593.jpg

Garrett took all of us on a hike up Dome Rock. I peed on all the things! Of course, I took obligatory photos with the humans.
IMG_4599.jpg
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_4619.jpg

When we got back to camp, Garrett decided to see if his Southern California-ness is going to translate well to Colorado. That's a board for water, not snow, ya dumbass.
IMG_0022.JPG

Brittni got chilly and was found hiding out in the trailer with me, Bentley and Dixie! Busted!!
IMG_4643.jpg

A few more friends showed up, so we went for more adventures in the woods! The snow storm had just started and eventually turned into a full calm snowfall with about 2-3 inches overnight!
IMG_4661.jpg

On Sunday, we went hiking and sledding! I wanted nothing to do with the sled, but Bentley is a little more used to having the humans make him do stuff.
IMG_4761.jpg
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_4773.jpg

All in all it was a great trip! Garrett and Brittni have decided that they need to get us booties for the snow. I agree. Until January, snow!

PS: I enjoy making yellow snow.

Well, Garrett and Brittni threw me and Bentley for a loop! We now have a fleet of vehicles! It’s not really overland, but it’ll pull the trailer just fine!
We own a company now!!
EBD056DB-CB58-4413-9A62-3312926AF795.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, well, well.....Back at it again! Days and days of 14 hour days (run your own company they said, it'll be fun they said...) haha, It's super challenging and super rewarding. We moved out to Colorado in January 2019. We bought Flat & Fancy Concrete in March of 2019 after the government shutdown was over and SBA opened up again.
The first few jobs weren't super glamorous, but power plant work isn't bad! We also found a great place to rent!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

All of a sudden, we found out our backyard is a park! Literally! Two houses down is a park and behind the park is a gigantic City park with tons of hiking.
4.jpg

5.jpg

Before we knew it, it was Valentine's Day. Bentley was NOT my Valentine, but Brittni was!
6.jpg

Everything was awesome until Garrett died.
9.jpg

JUST KIDDING!!! Brittni is taking classes on Crime Scene Photography and there was obviously a need for a victim.

We kept exploring and one morning we went to Garden of the Gods State Park when it was under 20' outside...we had the park to ourselves!
10.jpg

In March, the business sale closed.
1.jpg

More hiking ensued!
2.jpg

Of course, no hard work comes without two employees of the month! (stop working and come PLAY!)
3.jpg

Brittni takes care of the office....all of it! Calls, scheduling, clients, ordering, payroll, etc etc etc. I couldn't do it without her! We got her set up with a whole new home office.
4.jpg

We did a few more small time jobs...
5.jpg
6.jpg

And we had a few more margaritas, creekside!

7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom