Frankie the Adventure Dawg's Reports

I'm 7, which makes me about 50 of your years! Don't worry, though, I just ate a box of Sees Candies off the counter this morning because they were unsupervised for 0.68 seconds.

dog_age_05.jpg

Yes, we've been down this road before. It's actually high levels of cocoa, so generic milk chocolate doesn't have as much of an effect as, say, dark chocolate. While still bad for dogs, some tend to fare better than others and Frankie is a big guy. He's eaten his fair share of "stuff" over the years, and hasn't had too many problems. He got into Halloween candy one year and ate a bunch of dark snickers minis - he pooped glitter (wrappers) for a few days, but was fine. He's a beast.

We had a runt male Dachshund (don't get me started on what making "cute" dogs has done to that breed), anyway, Fritz was maybe 22 pounds of muscle and he knocked out a half pound bag of dark chocolate baking chips one night. If you think that's impressive, you should have seen how fast he was when my mom walked in to the dining room on Christmas Day and found him on the table getting his piece of ham before the rest of us did. That dog could flat out move I tell ya!:eek:

We ran the Rubicon Trail with a local one year, he had a "Rubicon dog". The dog ran the whole trail.

Last night I got to find out why human wobbles the way he does while camping on a Saturday night. We went to the vet for a normal visit and they started looking at my skin tag. It had grown a bit lately and was irritated. The vet offered to get rid of it then and there. Garrett, in his infinite wisdom, said yes. Man oh man, they give you the good stuff at the vet! I could barely walk straight on the half-block adventure home! Once home, I literally faceplanted into the bed, got up to eat dinner and then plopped back down. Word in the house is that I snored! and yes, I'm A-OK. Just like Garrett after a few beverages! Put a cone on him, why don't ya!
Frank.jpg

Tim and I attended a dual sport even based out of Santa Barbara last weekend. What an amazing time! It's called the Palms to Pines ride and it's literally starting at the beach, up to Pine tree altitudes on Figueroa Mountain and back down to the beach for camping. We did a similar ride on Sunday down a road that "closed", but it's a public road. I rode 280 miles this weekend! YEAH!

IMG_2901.jpg
IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2904.jpg
IMG_2905.jpg
IMG_2910.jpg
IMG_2907.jpg
IMG_2915.jpg
IMG_2924.jpg
IMG_2925.jpg

Oceano Dunes (aka Pismo) next weekend!

Back
Top Bottom