Dave's AT FlipPac Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pretty good snow action recently, check out the Demello Offroad rear bumper. The bumper has really helped the overall organization of the camper by keeping bulky stuff outside.

10940486_845856988819059_744135886912132120_n.jpg

Here's a better pic of the Anti-Dark LED strip and Goose Gear interior at night and you can see how integral the use of the rear bumper/table is when camped.

10947286_851814388223319_3847544720043034629_n.jpg

Excellent idea - I had been using an off-road light attached to a Harbor Freight 30# magnet as my "area illumination" around the back. But the LED strip across the back glass frame is a much better solution.

For the charging system, I also bought a Blue Seas 2.1A dual-USB. But I made a sort of "technology deck" on the driver side rail of the Flippac.

PA110962.JPG
PA120968.JPG
PA120979.JPG

Arclight

Good stuff.

I've had some PM's about LED strips/lighting - a DEEP rabbit hole. The real key is to get the right length RGBW (red,green,blue,white) type LED strip with the WHITE light in the right Kelvin (temperature) some like a more bluish light while others (me) like a softer, more natural light. Thanks to BlkWgn I've since changed my LED strip to a more mellow white light and am much happier :D

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

led-color-temperature.jpg

I may be biased, but I LOVE this new Goose Gear interior. I find myself actually packing less crap now since I can leave EVERYTHING in there full time minus groceries. Before a trip, we used to throw stuff in the truck in a "might need this" fashion but as we have evolved the rig (and our style of travel) we've learned less really is more so post-trip we delete anything not used and very rarely find any real "needs" out there other than more or different groceries.

It's MUCH faster to go on a trip now, just add groceries/water/fuel/firewood and GO. The Trek Pak is a HUGE advantage offroad, everything stays in place with no rattles or damage going on. As for what I would do different, I would opt for the silver/bare aluminum extrusion of the more expensive black anodized - it will scratch from use/cargo and the bare metal variety will be more durable finish wise IMO.

IMG_3685.jpg

Good stuff.

I've had some PM's about LED strips/lighting - a DEEP rabbit hole. The real key is to get the right length RGBW (red,green,blue,white) type LED strip with the WHITE light in the right Kelvin (temperature) some like a more bluish light while others (me) like a softer, more natural light. Thanks to BlkWgn I've since changed my LED strip to a more mellow white light and am much happier :D

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

View attachment 12523

Good to hear that worked out for you Dave. As for Kelvin being a rabbit hole, you are right, it is an endless issue at work. If you really want a rabbit hole though, jump into Lumen, Lux, Candlepower :drama

If you really want to make your head spin...get into the crazy stuff like CRI (Color Rendering Index) and Photopic and Scotopic lumens (getting into the rods and cones of the pupils ).

Whats the longest amount of time that you have stayed in the FP?

10 consecutive nights. That experience led to the current internal configuration and the remodeled tailgate/swing out configuration.

That would likely tear a hole in the space-time continuum...

I have ensured balance in the space time continuum by keeping the truck for truck type trips, and purchasing a Subaru Outback for long distance road trips. We have achieved best of both worlds for on and off road vehicles in our stable.

Yes. And I used the proceeds to buy some oceanfront property in Utah :lol
At one time in our geologic history it would've been possible to see oceanfront property in Utah. As evidenced in these renderings of geologic time frames created by plate tectonics, and countless years of erosion revealing sedimentary deposits and fossil remains......

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom