Dave's AT FlipPac Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aluminum and heims just look cooler!;)

I've got no business in this thread, but going to throw out a critique anyway...the pins that stow the rods and mount the rods when the top is deployed should be the same...one spare to solve all of your problems rather than two that complicates things...just saying.

That would be nice, but they are two different diameters. Good feedback for the machinist though :)

Very very nice. Having not actually seen these live in concert my question is it appears that the lower Heim could move back on the hood pin and scratch the hood/fender paint? I'm sure if this is possible there are loads of remedies. I'm in to get some as soon as they are available.

The heim on the hood pin is pushed all the way back in this pic. If the hood pins are installed correctly there will be no marring of the paint.

Sneak peak...

bare bed.JPG

Last edited:
...or "peek" even! I was looking for the peak that would show water run off or something. <just saying is all>

Dave has snow peak on the brain. Apparently I did too! I didn't even catch the typo. I'm so used to seeing "peak" on the forum here! haha

Dude, you have a really nice setup. I'm definitely feeling some ideas brewing! Awesome! I'm considering looking at a Hawk Four Wheel Camper shell and Goose Gear combo. Tanks.

I'm getting my Flippac installed this week. I am really excited, and Doc's build thread is giving me lots of ideas. I'll be upgrading from a cab-height Snugtop to which I added internal steel shelving, LED lighting and a custom expo rack.

On the one hand, I feel like it's almost wasteful to have as much space as I do (T100 with a 6.5' bed), but I also like the idea that the truck should be able to handle the weight without the usual suspension/brake upgrades needed on a Tacoma.

I'm thinking about putting down a layer of 1/2" marine plywood as my base to anchor everything to, and ditching the plastic bedliner (T100s have a steel bed). Does this seem reasonable? Is your stuff screwed in to that base material, or through-bolted?

Arclight

You'll have to bolt that plywood to the floor and then use nut-serts to attach whatever you build.

I got to check out Dave's new gear at MRV. Wow! Very impressive workmanship. I noticed several useful details. I'd have to stand there and look at it again to recall them, the arrangement was well thought out. The system was cool enough that Dave claims to have lost his aspirations to move up to a full size! (time will tell)

It'll be interesting to see the price point it comes in at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom