2021 Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there good enough WIFI there so we can all sit in our rigs and "Zoom" into all the event gatherings, it's the only interaction I know how to do anymore!
Also will there be little feet stickers everywhere on the ground so I know how to stay 6 feet apart.
Couple weeks to go, really looking forward to hanging out with everyone again, finally!
Any idea what the classes are going to be?
Do you ever publish a list of raffle sponsors before hand to give them some exposure prior to the event?

Excited to finally see what all the hubbub is about,, :D, In, please,, Transaction ID# 1076-5799-4980-49,, Coming down in the 'in-progress' F250, looking forward to it..

So, they just closed all National Forests in California until September 17th. All use is banned including off-highway vehicles. I know camp is on private land but this is going to close pretty much every trail in the Big Bear area.

So, they just closed all National Forests in California until September 17th. All use is banned including off-highway vehicles. I know camp is on private land but this is going to close pretty much every trail in the Big Bear area.

Yes, interested in how this impacts the event.

The event is still on as we are on private land. We will all be able to get to know each other a little better this year as we won’t have a majority of our group off doing trails runs. So bring more in camp types of activities with you. Staff is brainstorming ideas for additional classes or in camp activities.

No official word yet but plan on any flame you use have and on/off switch of some sort. That’s been the rules in the past when we weren’t allowed fires or even charcoal. One year we set a bunch of lanterns in the fire ring and made the best of it.

As we say, closure isn’t management, so we won’t let this closure manage to keep us from having a good time. Bring the right attitude and the right beverages and whatever is or isn’t happening outside of camp won’t matter!

The event is still on as we are on private land. We will all be able to get to know each other a little better this year as we won’t have a majority of our group off doing trails runs. So bring more in camp types of activities with you. Staff is brainstorming ideas for additional classes or in camp activities.

No official word yet but plan on any flame you use have and on/off switch of some sort. That’s been the rules in the past when we weren’t allowed fires or even charcoal. One year we set a bunch of lanterns in the fire ring and made the best of it.

As we say, closure isn’t management, so we won’t let this closure manage to keep us from having a good time. Bring the right attitude and the right beverages and whatever is or isn’t happening outside of camp won’t matter!

Well said Doug. As of now, this is the plan. We’ve dealt with fire restrictions many, many times so everyone so everyone should know the drill - Tread Lightly and use ONLY those devices authorized by Camp Tahquitz.

D162E14B-FC9E-4188-A7CC-40976A982A48.jpeg

Update on the Potluck and Camp Cooking Competition: No charcoal or open flame. Your heat source has to have an on/off control.

NO CHARCOAL OR OPEN FLAME!

Indeed @Herbie .
One needs to be able to turn off the heat source with a turn of the dial or flip of a switch. If you have a fire extinguisher (IF?), I don't think anyone would fault you for bringing it over to the cooking area during preparation.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am sorry to bring the bad news, but we have just received confirmation that MRV will have to be RESCHEDULED. We are working with the camp on new dates and will post up here as soon as we have them locked in. Expect an announcement by tomorrow afternoon. I understand that people already have vacation days planned, unfortunately, this is out of our hands.

We hope to see all of you soon.

Attachments

• fseprd949147.pdf
    189.8 KB · Views: 231
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom