2021 Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we have done in the past we fill in open spots until we reach 140 reservations. We then will start the waitlist. If folks are polite enough to let us know they can't come, then we contact the top person on the wait list and have them make a donation and they're then put on the main list. If you don't donate you are not going to be on my checkin roster and will not be allowed into the event.

Reservations are not refundable or transferable to other members or future events.

Thanks for the updates, I'm still planning on attending. There more I think about those dates should be good ones. The fire restrictions should be long gone so hopefully cooking in camp on other than propane camp stoves or small camp fires might be a go again!

I know this is a big pain for everyone especially the ones organizing this but I do appreciate all the hard work you folks are doing to make this another great event!

...The fire restrictions should be long gone so hopefully cooking in camp on other than propane camp stoves or small camp fires might be a go again!...
That is the hope and very likely true. We're still keeping the fire ban on the books so there isn't a bunch of switching back and forth over the weeks until the event happens. Confusion avoidance is the plan.

So what happens if we can't do those dates?? can I push my $40 to the DRV

This is clearly answered right up front in the OP, and in the fine print.

That sucks

I agree, it does suck. I’m out the cost of round trip airfare from FL to CA. And now I have to fund travel AGAIN for this event. Out of my own pocket. It is what it is.

I guarantee you no one is more inconvenienced or affected by this than the staff that puts this on. There is a MAJOR shuffle behind the scenes to keep our events alive despite ALL of the recent challenges. We aren’t even having an Appalachian Rendezvous this year, and Mountain Rendezvous is next on the chopping block.

Given the alternative of just turning it off and refunding everyone, and eating the overhead involved with the already purchased swag and event insurance, which would in turn put us in the red and kill Desert Rendezvous and possibly this site, I think we’re making all the right calls here don’t you? Or, should we refund your donation with everyone else’s and just turn off the lights here?

Today is approximately 58 days notice, almost two full months, of the schedule change. We’ve jumped through flaming hoops AGAIN to keep this alive for everyone involved. We hope this is enough notice for people to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s understanding.

BIG thanks to our TEAM today for pushing through to keep this event alive! No complaints. Just a “Can Do” Adventurist attitude no matter what.

You guys rock!

@Stuart
@richard310
@Doug
@Tim R.
@Brett C
@Luke
@Yumafolks

And, MVP mention for @BlkWgn who was the one on the phone and email with the camp making it happen while I was in retrograde movement across 4 states after Expo Mountain West. He’s the MAN!

:bowdown

Dave,
Where's the gofundme link to help on airfare for you?
I'll be the first to throw some into the hat. :leprechaun

This is clearly answered right up front in the OP, and in the fine print.

I agree, it does suck. I’m out the cost of round trip airfare from FL to CA. And now I have to fund travel AGAIN for this event. Out of my own pocket. It is what it is.

I guarantee you no one is more inconvenienced or affected by this than the staff that puts this on. There is a MAJOR shuffle behind the scenes to keep our events alive despite ALL of the recent challenges. We aren’t even having an Appalachian Rendezvous this year, and Mountain Rendezvous is next on the chopping block.

Given the alternative of just turning it off and refunding everyone, and eating the overhead involved with the already purchased swag and event insurance, which would in turn put us in the red and kill Desert Rendezvous and possibly this site, I think we’re making all the right calls here don’t you? Or, should we refund your donation with everyone else’s and just turn off the lights here?

Today is approximately 58 days notice, almost two full months, of the schedule change. We’ve jumped through flaming hoops AGAIN to keep this alive for everyone involved. We hope this is enough notice for people to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom