2021 Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you also:
-Show up with your Hold Harmless printed and filled out.
-You know what number you are on the list.
-You have the $40 ready to donate.
-You don't knock on tents at 0100 to be checked in.
-You take your trash with you when you leave.

Having been Stuart’s back up at check in for many years now, I can assure you these things will get you on his good side. (If there is one.) I’ve never seen a beer in his hand but I have seen bacon.

NOTE: This is NOT a good location for RV's, toy haulers, 5th wheels, Class A or C motorhomes. There is no room for these and they will be turned away! :lawyer

This event IS for 4x4's with RTT, ground tents, vans, off road trailers etc. You can view photos of past events HERE if you need examples of what camp and our activities looks like!:)

So this wouldn’t be allowed?

FFE3A0CF-64CB-40B0-902F-A53A342531AE.jpeg

Well you also:
-Show up with your Hold Harmless printed and filled out.
-You know what number you are on the list.
-You have the $40 ready to donate.
-You don't knock on tents at 0100 to be checked in.
-You take your trash with you when you leave.
And you contribute to the potluck on Saturday night!

And you contribute to the potluck on Saturday night!

So let me get this straight here... he gets one raffle ticket for showing up right? Then, he gets a SECOND raffle ticket for participating in the Camp Cooking Competition. Is that right, TWO raffle tickets for the BIG drawing?

But wait! There's more... doesn't he get ANOTHER chance to win one of three prizes offered for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for Camp Cooking?

So that's like THREE chances to win something just for being a stand up guy and participating in the Camp Cookoff on Saturday night?

Seems like a no brainer to me!

:leprechaun

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget, Front of the dinner line privilege for cooking

I'm still trying to figure out what main dish I'm doing
Tell you what, I'll put you down for the Competition for a main dish now, then see me by or before 3:00 on Saturday to give me the exact name. I'll give you your space number then too.
Good luck!

Tell you what, I'll put you down for the Competition for a main dish now, then see me by or before 3:00 on Saturday to give me the exact name. I'll give you your space number then too.
Good luck!

:jump:

Additional information for Rendezvous Participants:

● DO NOT leave any trash behind. No garbage, not even in the metal cans, will be left on site. Pack OUT what you pack in!
● Please greatly reduce your speed whenever you are driving in and out of the venue or when traveling on local roads to recreation sites.
● All dogs must be kept on a leash at all times, no exceptions.
● No open fires will be allowed on the property unless STAFF allows it and then only in established fire rings. No wood allowed from out of state. Harvesting dead-fall is discouraged.
● Alcohol is prohibited during scheduled Rendezvous activities (classes, trail runs). If you feel the need to ignore this rule on the trail or elsewhere you will be asked to leave.
● Firearm laws of the State of California are observed. There are no shooting activities at this event and no firearms are to be discharged on BSA properties.
● This is NOT an RV event. RV's, toy haulers, traditional camper trailers, 5th wheels, and Class A or C motorhomes are not allowed.
● No generators please. Enjoy the sounds of the forest and new friends!
● No other motorized vehicles such as quads, SXS or ATVs are to be used on the BSA properties without the express permission of the staff.
● OHVs are expected to have common safety equipment and must be registered and insured in accordance with the owner/operators state to operate on CA roadways. Additionally, vehicles should be similarly equipped with front and rear recovery points as well as winch/recovery equipment based upon the trails and conditions.
● Flush toilets are provided at this venue.
● Potable water access will be available.
● Electrical connections are not available.
● The closest gas station is at Angelus Oaks, Mentone or Big Bear so please plan accordingly!
● Quiet time is 1100 PM!
● Cell reception is extremely limited around the area.
● Trained EMT’s and First Responders will be on site in case of emergency.

● Did we mention Tread Lightly? That means take ALL your trash with you when you leave. Leave nothing behind, no garbage not even in trash cans!

- Please note that this is NOT a commercial event: Personal accountability and self-sufficiency is an expectation in this group! Pack OUT what you pack in! Be an ADVENTURIST!

:tread

I am sorry to say that I will not be able to make it to the event. Someone else can have my spot... I have such fond memories of American Adventurist events over the years and I'm sad I will not be able to attend now.

-LeeWhay

I am sorry to say that I will not be able to make it to the event. Someone else can have my spot... I have such fond memories of American Adventurist events over the years and I'm sad I will not be able to attend now.

-LeeWhay

Well that just STINKS! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom