2018 Taco TRD Offroad

Finally had time to cut and drill the plastic sheet. Had to buy more plastic. The fence slipped when cutting the first time.
IMG_20180712_170227.jpg

Thumb holes are large enough to pass the socket end of the ARB power cord through to the power box.
IMG_20180712_170356.jpg

A little heat shrink on the cam to tighten the fit and prevent rattling.
IMG_20180712_170403.jpg

Last edited:
:lol

So you're saying I should just buy one of these instead of a house and just have a man cave in a corner? ( technically I think the entire thing would qualify as a man cave )

That seems perfect, although with that height, I'd do a loft over looking all my toys with a leather couch, kitchen, etc.....

So no plans to run bed channel stiffening braces?

Soon. I can't use Total Chaos' because of where I placed the harness plug for the cap. The dunnage rack placement is also problematic. I'll find something that works.

Cali Raised most likely

Last edited:
that's good. they're pretty important to have. It sucks that it'll bow out, but an alternative could be braces utilizing the bed rails to connect both sides of the bed together. It's basically just to counteract pressure from a bed cap and other stuff deflecting the sides outward. Hell, I bet even frontrunner stratchits would help.

It's an easy mod. I'll do it anyway but the ARE cap has an internal frame made from 4"x1" t-slot aluminum with a 550lb roof capacity with 200lb in toolboxes on the sides. Any weight I put on the roof of the cap is not going to even get close. I don't think the cap is going to bow out.
0915_04.jpg

Someday I'll have a garage big enough to tear down a beater truck and tinker and not worry about my daily driver being OOC. Not today though. Lift was done by Iron Pig and sent out for the alignment at noon.
  • OME 886 coils
  • OME 90000 firm ride struts
  • OME 60091 Nitrocharger rear shocks
  • OME Dakar heavy full leaf pack
  • OME trim packer for drivers side lean
  • OME carrier bearing drop bracket
  • Total Chaos UCAs
  • Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX 255/85R16
Went with the tall and skinny tires. I'm still just above 20 mpg after the lift.

IMG_20180828_170257.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom