The Random Thoughts Thread

I think everybody in high school should be trained in BLS - ie: control of bleeding, CPR, and the Heimlich maneuver. But there was absolutely no reason to explicitly link it to school shootings. It politicizes it unnecessarily. The left will pillory us for 'substituting' this for 'the REAL answer'. ie: 'real and effective gun control'.

I agree. Everyone should know BLS skills. I learned the basics much younger in the Boy Scouts and Red Cross training.

Unfortunately, the left is only doing this to further the idea that guns are bad and scary. And to re-enforce the idea that everyone is a "victim". smh

While I have taken it upon myself to learn how to help others and believe everyone would benefit from basic first aid/cpr/bleeding control training, I would not force anyone outside Military/Fire/Law Enforcment to under go this.

While I have taken it upon myself to learn how to help others and believe everyone would benefit from basic first aid/cpr/bleeding control training, I would not force anyone outside Military/Fire/Law Enforcment to under go this.
Hmm... I don't know that I can agree with that... so much for the concept of "First Responder", eh. While you practically can't "force" anyone to do anything, including the three professions you cited, programs encouraging citizens to learn basic first aid and resuscitation has proven to save lives. I assert that these are programs that should be mandatory for all citizens (even the illegal ones) in US primary and secondary education.

Every class I've ever taken in this area has always included the admonishment that, as a non-professional, you are NOT required to use these skills just because you have been trained in them.
I'm of the opinion that its better for more to know how and possibly use them than it is to have a need and willingness but no knowledge to do anything.

Death by hanging.
Keel hauling still has place in today's world.
History of the Ling in that place has a convoluted history at best. The land it is/was tied to has been sold for development; those who initially committed to its maintenance and display have not delivered (for a myriad of reasons within and without their control); bridge construction and Super Storm Sandy have made it impractical to move it out of there.
My (usually) suspicious mind imagines that there are connections between the varmints and those commercial interests who desire it to be gone.

Every class I've ever taken in this area has always included the admonishment that, as a non-professional, you are NOT required to use these skills just because you have been trained in them.
I'm of the opinion that its better for more to know how and possibly use them than it is to have a need and willingness but no knowledge to do anything.

There are also Good Samaritan laws on the books, which alleviate responsibility (hold harmless) of the care giver, if, the care giver doing his/her best, is unable to help/save the victim.

In other words, you can't get sued for helping. (Which is a disgusting thought, but a discussion for another time.)

I never watched Sesame Street.
39270864_2115767161819884_5325857226265460736_o.png

Well. You learn something every day. Never seen one before. Can't even imagine the agony of heading across I-70 in one and hitting that steep grade before Denver... or Cajon Pass or Grapevine or I-90 east of SLC...

Back
Top Bottom