Basic mock-up is done. Next comes the change of the unit of measure markings...

MPH Conversion Screenshot - 2.jpg

Nice! You should make a bunch of those while you're at it and sell them. It is amazing that no one makes this!

I will hold out until the printed version is out and installed. If it does turn out nice, I would certainly make them available. Thought about making the last marking 101 mph... a LOL for us 70 series guys. :D

:truck

I will hold out until the printed version is out and installed. If it does turn out nice, I would certainly make them available. Thought about making the last marking 101 mph... a LOL for us 70 series guys. :D

:truck

That's actually a must if you think about it! Ha!

Well, here is the draft copy... need to order some printing supplies.

BEFORE:

MPH Conversion Screenshot - Before.jpg

AFTER:

MPH Conversion Screenshot - Draft.jpg

The quality of these are quite degraded on the screenshots, but in photoshop they are looking really good. We will see how they print on plastic soon.

I've been held up for a long while on the snorkel, but will finally be looking to start that project soon. Normally, I would embrace larger pipes and ducts on intake systems, but in this case it slowed me down.

IMG_20170121_155225.jpg

This is the joint that joins the inside of the fender to the air cleaner. On the right, the aftermarket, and the Toyota on the left. I would have been happy to use the larger output of the aftermarket, but its diameter is too large to be effectively clamped down onto the metal input pipe of the air cleaner. With this addressed, I should be able to move ahead. :snorkel

Last edited:
I think Illustrator would be more suitable for something like that, no?

Illustrator instead of Photoshop? Maybe, but I don't own that nor have I ever used it. Besides, everything was created directly off a photo.

Just a thought if you knew illusrator. You would get cleaner lines since it's vector based overlayed on top of your photo. I overlay all the time using photos as a base and building a new drawing over that. I guess something that small wouldnt make too much of a difference.

You would get cleaner lines since it's vector based overlayed on top of your photo.

What you are seeing is the reduced quality of a shrunken screenshot. The white at the bottom of the gauge is Toyota's markings on the lip of a shroud that bends 90 degrees toward my perspective. Same goes with the irregular edge around the arch of the gauge face... more shrouding to prevent light from flooding since they are front lit. I will probably trim all of that out on the final version. Truth be told, I could cut the printed product out with those scissors you probably used back in grade school and it wouldn't matter. All the edges are hidden from view and overlapped quite a bit by a plastic cover.

The new and improved look with J.W. Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 headlights.

IMG_20170522_061134_924.jpg

The beam pattern is superior in every way and the look fits the truck. I'm extremely happy with this upgrade.

Note: These lights require that you reverse the factory Toyota negative switched headlight circuit, so they aren't strictly plug and play. There are a couple ways of accomplishing this and plenty of wiring diagrams exist via Google. If you want to skip building up your own system you can use this harness:

H4(9003) Negative-Switched Headlight Conversion Harness

And swap the 12v relays with two 24v models like these:

HELLA 933332201 24V 10/20A Relay

Last edited:
A little update for this thread...

Two days ago my Land Cruiser was loaded onto a car carrier and it left Japanese soil for the last time from the port of Kobe. Today the ship broke port from its last stop in Kawasaki bound for New York. Next stop, Panama.
Hoegh Jacksonville.jpg

Back
Top Bottom