The Random Thoughts Thread

My random thought of the day?

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

Oh, and failure to just get over it and move on ends up being some people's undoing...

My early morning random thought

Sometimes when you are lost you just need to STOP, and listen to the directions of others

So is anyone surprised to learn that the CIA/NSA may have collected all of your e-mail, phone records, and who knows what else, and might be saving them for who knows what?

At some point (if not already) we will all be identified by our electronic persona. Fortunately for me, I was born a jackass, and I've done the best I can over the years to maintain that identity, both in person and on my limited travels around the 'net. So if the black helicopters suddenly come for me, you'll realize that the jackass roundup has begun!

So if the black helicopters suddenly come for me, you'll realize that the jackass roundup has begun!

They're over my house now fast roping onto my roof...:tinfoil

warning_black_helicopters.gif

I'm a casual basketball fan at best, I start watching when the conference finals and the finals roll around. Kind of like baseball, the season is just too long for me to follow the whole way. Anyway, anyone else following the finals?

I'm pulling for the Spurs, just because I think they've earned it by playing team ball, rather than an owner buying a team. Either way, it's been a great series so far.

Looks like the ass-handers convention moved to San Antonio tonight after the mauling they took in game 2.

Random thought of the day: I REALLY MISS FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

P.S. The Indy 500 and the Triple Crown races are history too, so now I'm in for that long stretch that looks like Death Valley (lengthwise at the height of summer)... "WATER!!!" (gasp, croak) :eek:

I really like New Moons and SliverCrescent Moons. Seeing dark side of the Moon in the failing light of day puts the position of Earth, Moon, and Sun into perspective.

Egypt...

We may not agree with the ideology of the Islamist government that was elected in a democratic manner, but I don't see how we can stand behind/support a military coup taking over that government either. Thoughts?

Egypt...

We may not agree with the ideology of the Islamist government that was elected in a democratic manner, but I don't see how we can stand behind/support a military coup taking over that government either. Thoughts?

LOL. If you thought the Egyptian military ever gave up control you need to get more familiar with Egyptian 20th and 21st Century history.

Egypt...

Tough issue from the 'I like democracy' crowd, me included. While yes the Morsi regime was duly elected, they were obviously going in a direction that the majority of Egyptians found disturbing. I am impressed with the Egyptian people to see there mistake in voting for the muslim brotherhood and taking to the streets to oust them before too much damage had been done. Elections are a powerful tool. Good or evil can be the result. Remember, the nazis were elected in Germany. One might say that the devastation wrought upon Germany was the price paid for allowing their blight to remain. Hopefully the Egyptians have help to prevent a similar fate for their country.

Just my optimistic $0.02.

I'm not saying that I disagree with what they did, I just don't think the US government can do anything to help the people, and still value our own principles. A classic case of being careful what you ask for because you may get it.

The Egyptian people get a second chance, hopefully they get it right this time.

I would really like to meet the guy who thought importing monoflora rose into our ecosystem was a great idea. Than I would like to switch him with a vine of it till he cries like a little girl.

I would like to use some of that vine on the leaders at Facebook. Their software is glitchy, kludgy and works as advertised about 50% of the time for me. Meh,

Back
Top Bottom