The Random Thoughts Thread

Yesterday was a work day. We moved 4 yards of dirt, filling in behind the retaining wall we just built. This will become a trailer parking pad.

Today was a smoking day! As in, smoking meat. 2 chickens, 10 hot Italian sausages, 2 brisket flats, a couple of ears of corn and an onion - for good measure. As it worked out, sausage for lunch, chicken for dinner, brisket for late dessert!

I hate it for y'all that you missed it. :p

I can help with any leftovers...

977E234A-D0C9-4A02-B86E-C01DFCB09662.jpeg

Anyone buy paint lately???? :eek:

Sherwin Williams Superpaint (not their top of the line) is up to $70 a gallon.

Yes, it was on sale today, but still.....

Anyone buy paint lately???? :eek:

Sherwin Williams Superpaint (not their top of the line) is up to $70 a gallon.

Yes, it was on sale today, but still.....

At least it was in stock. I continue to have GC's tell me there's a paint shortage. They also can't seem to get concrete, door frames, concrete anchors, metal studs, etc, etc...

To live in Florida, one must be resilient and have a sense of humor. That resilience is part of survival to this point and the years ahead. Our prayers go out on behalf of those folks and those further north on the eastern seaboard where Ian is not yet done.
If one looks at a map, you'll see the diversity of history in the state. Names reflect the Seminole, the French, the Spanish, the Gullah/Geechee and the wealthy northern real estate developer who favors the cute and the mashup. Pronunciations apply their own set of rules (or is it anarchy?) Wewahitchka, Micanopy, Defuniak, Wakulla, Perdido, Homasassa, Tallahassee, Deltona.
Amidst all this diversity comes the midwest-voice trained television personality trying to sound informed and knowledgeable, frequently citing their years of experience at a local station just up or down the road from here.
One of my favorites was newscaster Peter Jennings who absolutely destroyed the pronunciation of Panacea (which is pronounced the same geographically and as an English word). With Ian, the most-fumbled locale may be Punta Gorda. Poonta Gor-da, Punt-a Gordo, Punto Gorda.
Stay safe. Remember your neighbors and keep laughing.

NASA's Artemis I launched last night. (Late and over budget, but that's another conversation)

Unfortunately, I was not able to be there. We went down to the Cape for the last attempts, but work schedules got in the way for this one. :(

I had a little part in it - I worked on the Core Stage flight software. I'm glad to see the Core Stage flew without a hiccup.

:flag

I agree! It's been way too long since I've been to In-N-Out.

And @Gallowbraid refuses to bring one back to Georgia for me when he goes west.

Another reason to move west?????????

But I always tell them to keep one hot for you whenever I go. They usually look at me and respond, "Scott who?"

My first couple of experiences with In-N-Out were lackluster at best, but they've moved up my list over the years and are now in the top 3 for me.

What I really want to know is what city planner allowed this:

1673296104281.png

The In-N-Out and Chick-fil-A in Santee are across the street from one another. Lunch traffic into this shopping center is insane! There's a location in Los Angeles where the two actually share a parking lot, and that's even worse. Just can't recall where it is...

But I always tell them to keep one hot for you whenever I go. They usually look at me and respond, "Scott who?"

My first couple of experiences with In-N-Out were lackluster at best, but they've moved up my list over the years and are now in the top 3 for me.

What I really want to know is what city planner allowed this:

View attachment 61526

The In-N-Out and Chick-fil-A in Santee are across the street from one another. Lunch traffic into this shopping center is insane! There's a location in Los Angeles where the two actually share a parking lot, and that's even worse. Just can't recall where it is...
Must be the same guy that works in Chino

1673360442874.png

Yeah, never understood how people plan very high traffic fast food locations and put multiple ones next to each other but do not take into consideration parking and traffic flow....

And Ontario, CA. They want to be near each other as do most restaurants for synergy. The sales tax is such a boon for cities that most welcome them regardless. And the developers that put them in fight for the least space possible because their profit goes up the more they can squeeze in. Simple economics.
5A5286F9-922B-4E38-9F07-E539EF1E7046.jpeg

Call me a heathen but I don't get the hype and don't see it being worth it to wait in a line that long for a burger... ChikFilA yeah guilty on many occasions (and the cravings on Sunday, dammit all), but every day and night there's a ridiculous line for In&Out. There's been numerous times where I've had to wait 30 min for a Burger. It's fresh and all but I can get a decent burger and fries without the hassle and the bottom-of-the-barrel fry bits just down the street at a local Steve's Burger. I could care less about freshness and eating healthy when I'm ordering a burger lol.

/rabble

Call me a heathen but I don't get the hype and don't see it being worth it to wait in a line that long for a burger... ChikFilA yeah guilty on many occasions (and the cravings on Sunday, dammit all), but every day and night there's a ridiculous line for In&Out. There's been numerous times where I've had to wait 30 min for a Burger. It's fresh and all but I can get a decent burger and fries without the hassle and the bottom-of-the-barrel fry bits just down the street at a local Steve's Burger. I could care less about freshness and eating healthy when I'm ordering a burger lol.

/rabble

Heathen :p

Back
Top Bottom