Snow Peak....anonymous

Bloody ripper mail call this arvo from ‘Straya!

New AusPat Desert carrying case from Drifta for our Snow Peak folding fire pit. Now I can bin the dodger old Snow Peak bag, maybe even chuck a sickie tomorrow and grab a few stubbies for a Bush Telly!

30A8FBFD-7A31-4AA3-B601-FED32A6B735B.jpeg
DA66643C-735E-443A-97B8-86D461FAB41A.jpeg
7794947C-40A8-4082-B4AF-5AB4838037C3.jpeg
959B848D-8DD0-4CE1-BDBC-2BD9A9F03024.jpeg

Of note, I've watched the cycle over the last several years where they dole out STEEP discounts on the clothing line in order to move derelict inventory that they clearly can't sell.

I remember hearing awhile back from someone inside SP that the story with this "fashion forward clothing line" involves the founder's granddaughter in Japan. This is her project.

Since its inception, I've watched in horror as each iteration of this clothing line fell flat on its face here in the US. Not only is it WAY overpriced even for Snow Peak, but I've also yet to see ONE single piece that I'd ever wear.

With a look that falls somewhere between the inhabitants of a dystopian Japanese future, and homeless Japanese meth head attire, I just can't understand how their front office keeps pouring resources into that project.

o_O

A non-believer asked me how this one is better than the $14 one on Amazon.

Two answers: Collapsible and takes up very little room. And stainless steel.

This one really is the best I’ve seen. And it's made in Japan not that other place.

6E246F9F-2C8A-4716-A6D7-839A6198A80D.jpeg

Greatest thing since sliced bread. Any models with pockets shaped for said slices? :D

They're that way by design, the grooves on the edges seal the goodness into the sandwich, no mess. Keeps the melty cheese inside the sandwich where it belongs.

At $99 doesn't sting too much. I think Snowpeak products are very nice but they tend to be a little high priced. I was thinking about cooking hash browns and the like in one of those. I think it could be pretty versatile with a little forethought.

At $99 doesn't sting too much. I think Snowpeak products are very nice but they tend to be a little high priced. I was thinking about cooking hash browns and the like in one of those. I think it could be pretty versatile with a little forethought.

Totally doable. The two biggest draws for me were the stainless construction and how it stows when not in use. The ones I've seen at Bass Pro etc were cast iron with awkward, long handles that did not break down for travel.

The way the handles fold in on the unit allows it to ride in my chuck box with little impact. Very portable.

The Tremazzino. This took some time to find in the US but I finally found one through Expedition Exchange.

Hot sandwiches etc in 5 minutes.

View attachment 59078View attachment 59080View attachment 59082View attachment 59083View attachment 59084View attachment 59085

Sometimes I'll look through Amazon JP for Snow Peak stuff because they do international shipping. Haven't done it recently because of the shipping bottlenecks. Still, $128 shipped to the U.S.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000AR2P42/

A non-believer asked me how this one is better than the $14 one on Amazon.

Two answers: Collapsible and takes up very little room. And stainless steel.

This one really is the best I’ve seen. And it's made in Japan not that other place.

View attachment 59087

I got a Toas-Tite sitting in the garage. Think I used it once or twice.

I got a Toas-Tite sitting in the garage. Think I used it once or twice.

My wife brought a pair of vintage Toas-Tites to the marriage. She loved them at home, but as Dave mentioned, in the field the issue of storage was a challenge. We got the Snow Peak press and now we use it in the home more than camping.

I find the shape of the Snow Peak one works better with modern bread slices. The T-Ts made a great little pocket, but you wasted a lot of edges burning off outside the press with the round shape.

My fave is smoked turkey, pepper jack, roasted bell pepper, and a little spinach.

The Snow Peak Tramezzino. This took some time to find one in stock here in the US, but I finally found one through Expedition Exchange.

Hot sandwiches etc in 5 minutes.

View attachment 59078View attachment 59080View attachment 59082View attachment 59083View attachment 59084View attachment 59085
I really like the stove that is sitting on. Looks stable. Does that take same fuel as the JetBoil? I have the SnowPeak Camp and Home which is a little wonky and uses the butane bottles. But between that, my Jet Boil, and propane, I find myself carrying too many varieties of fuel.

I really like the stove that is sitting on. Looks stable. Does that take same fuel as the JetBoil? I have the SnowPeak Camp and Home which is a little wonky and uses the butane bottles. But between that, my Jet Boil, and propane, I find myself carrying too many varieties of fuel.

Yes, its a Snow Peak "flat burner" stove and it does take the regular MSR/JetBoil IsoButane type cans. With an adapter you can also use the inexpensive Butane cans.

If anyone is looking, SnowPeak restocked the flat burner stoves on their US website, as of 10am PT this morning. The quest to find a camp stove that works best for me continues. Almost as extensive as my camp coffee making journey.

Related, will be selling a Snow Peak Home & Camp Burner in the DRV swap meet thread.

Last edited:
What are your guys thoughts on the differences between the Baja Burner and the Flat Burner? I'm looking for more on the functionality, how hot, how they function in the wind.

I have 2 Baja Burners that I have been using and my 18" Partner Steel stays at home unless I'm cooking for a bunch of folks. But I was thinking of integrating a Flat Burner in my Habitat build. Thought is I to put it in the cabinet top.

Back
Top Bottom