Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
Thanks for all the responses. I'm aware of all the points above. As Haggis said, this eliminates most every location in the northeast. I was hoping for a magic bullet I wasn't aware of. One idea I've had when camping in a campground with electricity is to run an electric heater. Anyone tried this?
Have you looked at a Propex heater? Does not “shit where it eats” (exhaust) and could easily be configured to heat a Shiftpod with NONE of the negative side effects. Clean, dry, warm air :)

Greg

Adventurist
Senior Staff
If that works you might try these reusable silica gel beads, they change color as they absorb moisture and you just bake them in the oven to reactivate them. I use them for some of my moisture-sensitive 3d printing materials. https://amzn.to/2n5WjP2
If dumped into a petroleum filter bag you can throw the entire bag into the oven and not have to deal with loose beads. Or dump them into a nomex sock if you happen to have a odd one laying about to do the same.

Last edited:

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
Dave how is the moisture and management of moisture in high humidity Florida?
When humidity is at 90%+, you just learn to live with it. Just like in super cold weather, breathing at night is the biggest source of condensation inside.

I think a swamp cooler would be a killer accessory for it in hot, humid weather.

The inside walls of the Shiftpod can be wiped down once you’re done with your trip, I usually set it outside in the sun for an afternoon and do this before I stow it.

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
I notice on another thread Dave's "Torque Wagon" is sold :eek: I liked that truck a lot......I'm sure you have your reason for selling it.
Great rig. But WAY too large, especially when it's just me. Very limiting on trails especially in the Midwest and back East - like driving a garbage truck. So I sold it, downsized and could not be happier.

Great rig. But WAY too large, especially when it's just me. Very limiting on trails especially in the Midwest and back East - like driving a garbage truck. So I sold it, downsized and could not be happier.
totally under stand why you sold it, that was a sweet rig, & one I would love to have for myself.

Top Bottom