not a tear drop!

I got the lights installed and wired today. The are all LED strips except or the porch light which is a cheap Wal-Mart LED driving light. All are controlled by a 4 channel radio remote except the kitchen light which has a switch on the side of the fuse box. I'm still waiting for two dimmers, one for the awning light and one for one of the two long strip lights down the center of the ceiling.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

She prefers to sleep on the floor! I have bought her several dog beds that I have always had to return since she refuses to use them....LOL

Sometimes at home she will sleep on the bed with me but is always on the floor when I wake up.

In this photo you can see what se uses as a pillow:

Attachments

• nap.jpg
    nap.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 262
I think I saw this trailer on I-10 tonight, around Buckeye. It passed me fairly quickly. I was in a semi big truck. It was dark, but I thought I recognized the rear door. Nice work.

Nope, not me, but I will be on the road this morning on my way to Wintercount in Maricopa AZ. I will be driving down I-17 to I-10.

That could have been someone else heading there but I'm not aware of another trailer with a rear door like mine.

Last edited:
Well, then it was nowhere near as nice as yours. It had some sort of white "rack" on the left side of the roof.

Great build! I read up-to here thinking "the weight might get out of hand", knowing from my own experience it will sneak up on you. Considering all the enmities you have your in good shape. OK I'll read the rest now.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the Mormon Lake Expo...Kool I hope to see you there!

I'm heading to Phoenix and the last week of Micro Dwelling at Shermer, I'm thinking they'd get a kick out of seeing your's?

Pelican cooler1.jpg

I did build it with weight in mind, my target was below 3k # which I just made.. For example the cabinets are built in with 2x2 framing and thin sheet goods not modular like I am used to building for million dollar houses in Sedona.

The military bunks were a disappointment. My petite body of 6' 200# would bottom out in the hip area. With only 3" under the springs I was thinking of foam but then walked down the correct isle at wallmart and found the solution. Air matress! So now the bunks in my trailer are actually more comfortable then the bed in my house. It takes very little air to make these really comfy!

Hybrid air/spring bed:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Well, it's happened....a new mod for the "not a tear drop" trailer. An Engle mt27. Mounded under the kitchen counter, insulated on both sides with cutouts for air flow.

1280.jpg

2194.jpg

3152.jpg

WOW! the temperature of the sides of the cooler are about 20 degrees cooler than the ambient temp inside the trailer. So it's 20 degrees cooler inside the fridge enclosure than outside. That means the cooler isn't insulated very well and the insulation I have placed around it is working.

Back
Top Bottom