not a tear drop!

verdesardog

Group W
Banned!
My new camping trailer build is coming along fine. The little 4x8 just wasnt enough room for me so I traded it for a bare 12x6.5 one. Sides are2x4 and 2x2 frame with 4x4 corner posts, OSB sides and tin roof. It will resemble a gypsy vardo when done

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

You gonna lift the un- teardrop? I had to put my TTs axle under the springs to lift it. It's not much bigger than that (14')

also, by law I believe anything over 1000lbs in AZ needs brakes.

pretty cool set up, can't wait to see inside

It's already been lifted by placing the axle under the springs and the trailer was listed as 3000# therefore not requiring brakes. But I like to be safe and put brakes/hubs and new bearings on it.

The inside will be a slow go due to financial issues. I want to put fold up bunk beds and a counter with a sink and stove. Also a fireplace type of propane heater. one large rv type of window on one side is also in the plan.

verdesardog...I like it! Is it tall enough to stand in?

On a side note, when is the primitive life festival? (cant remember the name. rabbit tracks?)

It is tall enough to stand in from front to back. When I get the floor and insulation on the ceiling I might not be able to stand in the very front but there will be a cabinet for a sink and stove across the front anyway. That is a standard 80" door in the rear.

Wintercount in Maricopa is next month!
Search for wintercount and sign up early for a discounted fee....Rabbitstick is later in the year in Idaho.

floor is done

I got the car decking floor covered with insulation. OSB and bamboo. It's weather tight and ready to use now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

free insulation!

I got the ceiling insulated this morning. Went to Home depot to buy the insulation and was offered $50.00 off if I got a HD credit card! That covered the complete cost of the insulation. Three 4x8' sheets of 1 1/2".

DSC_0396.jpg

1st use

I'm heading out tomorrow for the first use of my rig. going to Wintercount put on by Backtracks every year. It's week long primitive technology experience in the desert near Maricopa.

The only problem was the door came open on the road, I don't know why this didn't happen with the local testing I did. I think I didn't get the hole in the door frame deep enough to totaly lock the dead bolt but I feel I really need to do something more robust than a household lock. I've got my thinking hat on now.....LOL

If that is a traditional wooden door frame, you might get getting lateral flex, and it twisted its way open.

windows

yea, I got the two windows I ordered but have decided to put three in, will post pics when I get the third window.

I also need to make a good set of steps. Folding steps would be nice so here goes the thinking cap agian.

If you think you can use it, I just pulled off a step from my new trailer because I lifted it about 4" and got a new one. I am in AZ if you're interested PM me

Do you have a photo of it? What I need is a two step setup with each step about 7" high, the floor of the trailer is about 22" from the ground.

It pulls out and drops about 6". It's a single. My new one is a double but that's why I got it. It looks something like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 166
Back
Top Bottom