New Project Trailer

I ordered a square back from a company in Florida, Runaway Camper - their Range Runner model. Paid cash & they were nice enough to give me a cash discount too. It will be ready for pick up in the 1st week in April. We order with a few add-on's roof rack & large 40" x 40" rear door. I spent several days looking at square back's & on line & the several phone calls. Seems many of them are constructed the same way. The Runaway Range Runner is the only square back I can find that has the widest wheel base, 6ft wide. I figure it will be 6 months of fabrication & add-on's, paint work until it hits the trails.
Fully Welded Steel Frame Construction
3500lb. Rated Dexter RV Axle w/Easy Lube Hubs (will add weld on shock kit & Dexter Trailer Springs Over-Under Conversion Kit)
Dual Folding Stabilzer Jacks (I'll replace with BAL C-Series Jack 28" w\BAL Foot Pads)
Front Jack with removable wheel
15" White Spoke Wheels & Tires (I'll replace 3 15"x8"x 4.5 on 5 U.S. Wheel 8 Spoke rims (sent off to the powder coater to be Black & Crosswind MT LT 215x75Rx15 tires)
Polyvinyl undercoated floor
Runaways Triple-Seal Cabin Construction provides maximum weather resistance
30"x20" Tinted Safety Glass Windows w/Screens
Two - 22"x42" RV Locking Entry Doors w/Keys
3/4" Clear Finished Wood Wall Construction
High Quality Easy to Clean Vinyl Flooring
Charcoal Gray Headliner
Two - 110v Power Strips w/Standard Connection
10" Deep Storage Shelf
Aluminum Exterior and Trim w/Baked Enamel Finish
2" Ball Coupler (I'll change out to Lock N Roll articulating hitch)
Standard 4-Prong Trailer Light Connection (I'll change out to 7 prong w\electric brakes)
Rear Accessory Hitch
5,000 btu A/C with Marine Grade Vinyl Cover
LED Tail Lights (I'll change out to 2" x 15" LED)
Bottom Mounted Spare Tire (total removal & fabricate a swing a way spare tire mount)
Diamond Plate Fenders and Front Wall Protector
Weight: 890lb. (varies slightly according to options)
Interior: 70.5"W x 94.5"L x 42-46"H
Overall Dimensions 11'4"L x 65"H x 94"W

I already have some of the modification parts to install. I figure about 6 months of fabrication & mod's before it hits the trails.
Dexter Trailer Springs Over-Under Conversion Kit
Weld on Shock Kit
3 Crosswind MT LT 215x75Rx15 tires
3 15"x8"x 4.5 on 5 U.S. Wheel 8 Spoke rims (sent off to the powder coater to be Black)
The Range Runner outside cabin size is 6ft. W x 8ft. L x 4ft. H
985E803157D5E657.jpg A7BCB720008305AF.jpg B23BB5499C586349.jpg
Last edited:
just order the following: round, pipe mount swivel jack w/ footplate weld on side wind 14-7/8" travel 2000lb, 18" 2" weld on receiver hitch tube, 40ft of 2" thick wall tubing, 1\4 sheet 3\8" metal, full 4x8 sheet 1\8" thick metal, 2ft of raw steel hitch shank. This is for the back bone & tongue I'll modify
more parts came in. Yesterday the Lock & Roll Hitch.
Ordered steel Jeep Style Fenders to replace the stock round fenders
I also ordered Triple Heavy Duty 20 A 12 V Plug Lighter Socket Plug Outlet Panel, 2 Rocker Switch Laser Blue ON-OFF 5Pin 20A 12V LED SASQUATCH Light, 3" Power Cord Cable Hatch Camper Round RV Trailer Electric Black for the tongue box. This way I can make all my cuts on the tongue box before I prime, spray the bed liner & paint to match the trailer.
more parts came in today, tires General Grabber ATX 235x75Rx15" & the RAM pipe mount swivel jack w/ footplate weld on side wind 14-7/8" travel 2000lb.

Sold my Crosswind MT's tires to a friend for his trailer. Had to delay our trip one day for the tire delivery today. So tomorrow will leave
015.JPG 016.JPG
Last edited:
Top Bottom