NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Hello from Flagstaff, AZ
Burned out from some other forums so thought I would venture over here...I don't really have a "setup"...just couple beat land cruisers and a sardine can sprinter van

Welcome!

:AZ

Hi,
Thank you for having me. My name is Pete and I enjoy most everything involved with the outdoors. I'm especially fond of places where the mountains meet water like Southeast AK. I fly, fish, hunt, forage, garden, camp, ride, sail, dive, hike, paddle and love to explore. I have a startup, The Folding Boat Company, that involves a small portable light weight boat that assembles in just 5 minutes and we take these boats everywhere. I traded In my Moto Guzzi camping machine almost 35 years ago but just purchased a nice used Tacoma and will be mounting a rack for a roof top tent this weekend. Planning a trip to the Bitterroot Range this late summer/fall and will looking for suggestions and advice. Our home is in central NC and I've been playing in Appalachia since I passed my drivers license test at 16.

Hi,
Thank you for having me. My name is Pete and I enjoy most everything involved with the outdoors. I'm especially fond of places where the mountains meet water like Southeast AK. I fly, fish, hunt, forage, garden, camp, ride, sail, dive, hike, paddle and love to explore. I have a startup, The Folding Boat Company, that involves a small portable light weight boat that assembles in just 5 minutes and we take these boats everywhere. I traded In my Moto Guzzi camping machine almost 35 years ago but just purchased a nice used Tacoma and will be mounting a rack for a roof top tent this weekend. Planning a trip to the Bitterroot Range this late summer/fall and will looking for suggestions and advice. Our home is in central NC and I've been playing in Appalachia since I passed my drivers license test at 16.
Hey Pete, I'm on my way to the Bitterroots myself this summer. Let's meet up and go fishing. I live in WNC. Dan

Hi,

Pete are you from SE AK...I work in various towns/villages all over SE and would be interested in learning some places to explore

Whats going on American Adventurist? I'm Adam, from Mississippi, but currently stationed in Virginia and I am new to American Adventurist. I have been on expedition portal and Tacomaworld for a while, lurking and building.. No end in sight for building! I am 26, 4 years into the Airforce (secret squirrel).. I have travelled much of Texas and Virginia while I have been stationed in these states. Also, I have been to the mid-west and west without my truck sadly :( I guess that means I have to plan expeditions when I'm stationed out west! Darn... I enjoy anything and everything outdoors, whether its hunting/fishing or overlanding/mountainbiking! I am always looking for small communities of overlanders and people who have a love for the outdoors! My motto in life is to see the things that people go lifetimes without seeing! And what better way than to get to these sights than my Tacoma! My build page is http://americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/skunk-works-expo-build.3837/#post-67313 and I would love for you guys to stop by, drop a comment and let me know what you think! Also, I take criticism very well. I am wanting to have a very capable, self sustainable expedition rig.. that would also serve a purpose as a daily driver. There are some barriers I have ran into, my next one to cross over is bed storage. I have thrown around ideas of a camper shell with drawer system, however, I would still like my bed to function as a truck bed when needed. Whether that means going with a softtopper and removable bed drawers, so be it! What are your opinions? If any other ideas, opinions for my build.. Drop them on my thread! Thanks you guys, look forward to meeting some of you at the Appalachian Rendezvous!

Pete are you from SE AK...I work in various towns/villages all over SE and would be interested in learning some places to explore
Not from there but have been exploring some of that area for more than 25 years. Feel free to call when you have a few minutes 919-622-4542

Whats going on American Adventurist? I'm Adam, from Mississippi, but currently stationed in Virginia and I am new to American Adventurist. I have been on expedition portal and Tacomaworld for a while, lurking and building.. No end in sight for building! I am 26, 4 years into the Airforce (secret squirrel).. I have travelled much of Texas and Virginia while I have been stationed in these states. Also, I have been to the mid-west and west without my truck sadly :( I guess that means I have to plan expeditions when I'm stationed out west! Darn... I enjoy anything and everything outdoors, whether its hunting/fishing or overlanding/mountainbiking! I am always looking for small communities of overlanders and people who have a love for the outdoors! My motto in life is to see the things that people go lifetimes without seeing! And what better way than to get to these sights than my Tacoma! My build page is http://americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/skunk-works-expo-build.3837/#post-67313 and I would love for you guys to stop by, drop a comment and let me know what you think! Also, I take criticism very well. I am wanting to have a very capable, self sustainable expedition rig.. that would also serve a purpose as a daily driver. There are some barriers I have ran into, my next one to cross over is bed storage. I have thrown around ideas of a camper shell with drawer system, however, I would still like my bed to function as a truck bed when needed. Whether that means going with a softtopper and removable bed drawers, so be it! What are your opinions? If any other ideas, opinions for my build.. Drop them on my thread! Thanks you guys, look forward to meeting some of you at the Appalachian Rendezvous!

Welcome Adam! I was going to ask if you had any plans for the bed in your thread, but it seems you're already trying to figure it out. Everything's a compromise in some form or another. Building a custom set to accommodate your preferences is usually a good way to go rather than trying to make an off-shelf product work. Hope you figure it out to your liking and enjoy your stay here!

Great to find another site like EP. Look forward to digging through the site.

Current fleet: Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, V-strom 1K, RZR S 1K.

Great to find another site like EP. Look forward to digging through the site.

Current fleet: Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, V-strom 1K, RZR S 1K.

Nice setup and welcome! How do you like your hitch motorcycle carrier? I have a honda crf250L (roughly 350lbs) and have been thinking about getting one when I add a camper shell to my truck

I have a honda crf250L (roughly 350lbs) and have been thinking about getting one when I add a camper shell to my truck

Don't cheap out and get something nice and sturdy. I went with a HF unit for temporary cheap transport of my CB200 and man, you get what you pay for. I ended up having to use tie downs on every point to make sure it doesn't twist and wobble on the roads. I was afraid it'd just snap and I'd say goodbye to my bike through my rear view mirror. I was, however, able to load and unload by myself with a long ramp. Sketchy as first, but doable.

Agreed do not cheap out. So far I have had good luck with mine. Only advice I have is the lighter the bike the easier it is to use. You should not have any problems with a crf250L.

Hey American Adventurists! I'm excited that I found my way to this page. I've had this crazy need to wander for several years now, and finally pulled the trigger and purchased a vehicle (Jeep) that can get me to those places. I actually found this group because another fellow Jeep that I see parked by my workplace had the American Adventurist sticker on his rig. Next thing you know, I look up the site, and boom... I'm here. I'm definitely a noob and plan on learning lots here. I'll be going to the Overland Expo (West) this weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky and get to meet some of you in person.

Hey American Adventurists! I'm excited that I found my way to this page. I've had this crazy need to wander for several years now, and finally pulled the trigger and purchased a vehicle (Jeep) that can get me to those places. I actually found this group because another fellow Jeep that I see parked by my workplace had the American Adventurist sticker on his rig. Next thing you know, I look up the site, and boom... I'm here. I'm definitely a noob and plan on learning lots here. I'll be going to the Overland Expo (West) this weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky and get to meet some of you in person.
Marco, welcome. A whole bunch of us will be camped together at the Expo. there is a thread for that if you look around. I'll be there in an old VW vanagon with a couple motorcycles behind me, stop in and say Hi.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Marco, welcome. A whole bunch of us will be camped together at the Expo. there is a thread for that if you look around. I'll be there in an old VW vanagon with a couple motorcycles behind me, stop in and say Hi.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks! I found the thread, will look for you guys. I'm late to the game and the campground is sold out. Will wait to see f they open up more spots.

Back
Top Bottom