2021 Mountain Rendezvous Potluck and Camp Cook-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Adventurist
Founding Member
It's time for the Potluck Dinner and Camp Cooking Competition!

Saturday at 1700 we will hold the world famous Rendezvous Potluck Dinner and Camp Cooking Competition.

If you're planning on competing you MUST cook at the main fire ring, though the use of charcoal is NOT guaranteed. Prep work done at home is acceptable. No open flame allowed throughout the site. Hopefully fire restrictions won't get too severe. All forms of cooking are open to the competition. DO, Skottle, BBQ, MOJOE griddle, frying pan, etc.
We'd like for everyone to have the opportunity to see your creations being made and hopefully learn to be even better cooks out on the trail, so cooking must be done at the main fire ring by the stage.

THERE WILL BE A 1st, 2nd AND 3rd PLACE PRIZE AWARDED FOR THE BEST DISHES! Voting will be the same as before; everyone will get THREE voting tickets to put into the voting tins of the competitors dish. One, two, or all three as you see fit. Competitors CAN (and hopefully will) vote for there own dish. Children get a vote as well, but parents please help them out.

CAMP COOKING COMPETITORS WILL RECIEVE AN EXTRA RAFFLE TICKET!

*ONE EXTRA TICKET PER COMPETITOR REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF DISHES MADE*

Please see me at the check in booth up until 1400 on Saturday to give me the exact title of your dish and get your assigned spot on the judging table(s) to make voting for the Camp Cooking Competition go smoothly.

It is bad form to show up on Saturday at 1700 with an empty food tray and not have contributed to the potluck or being a competitor in the cookout.

To ensure a well balanced meal, if y'all post up in this thread I'll provide a compiled list as to what is coming, i.e. MAIN, SIDE, or DESSERT. If we appear to be heavy on say side dishes please consider bringing a dessert for example. This only applies to the POTLUCK. COOKOFF COMPETITION entries are whatever you're skilled at making.

EDIT: Helpful hint for competitors. The more you make, the more people get a chance to try your dish, the greater number of voters you reach. You may make the best cobbler in the world, but if only 4 folks get to try it you limit the number of votes you can get. I'm not telling anyone what to do, but my hint helps competitors and makes sure nobody goes hungry. ;):rolleyes:

EDIT: NO CHARCOAL OR OPEN FLAME

Last edited:
Last edited:
POTLUCK MAIN DISHES

Last edited:
POTLUCK SIDE DISHES
1. 25 lbs of BACON provided by @woody

Last edited:
POTLUCK DESSERTS

Last edited:
Question on serving our dishes for the cook-off: Will we be dishing up the servings upon request, or are folks picking what they want to try and helping themselves? Also, will we be serving from our own table/station?

Just working on some logistics....

Thanks

Question on serving our dishes for the cook-off: Will we be dishing up the servings upon request, or are folks picking what they want to try and helping themselves? Also, will we be serving from our own table/station?

Just working on some logistics....

Thanks
We will supply a table with numbered spots for the dishes, and everyone serves themselves.

potluck.jpg

For reference...

For reference...
Thank you!

The little tin cans are the voting tins. Everyone who either competes or contributes to the potluck (don't be the camp remora) gets three tickets. These are to vote for your favorite dish. You can vote with any combination of tickets you wish. Competitors are allowed and encouraged to vote for their own dish. Children also get voting tickets. They're eating too. ;)
After everyone has gotten seconds and thirds we'll make a final call for folks to vote. We'll cut up the tickets (half tickets don't count) and award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes.

Helpful hint: The more you make means more people get to try your dish and the more potential votes. If you make two dutch ovens worth of Brussel sprouts (dear God WHY?) keep an eye on your spot and switch out containers. This is merely a hint and by no means saying you need to make enough to feed an army. I'm just pointing out the maths.

If your entry requires a little larger space (say for homemade corn bread to go with your chili :D) let me know when you sign up and we'll make your spot on the tables larger to accommodate your needs.

Helpful hint: The more you make means more people get to try your dish and the more potential votes. If you make two dutch ovens worth of Brussel sprouts (dear God WHY?) keep an eye on your spot and switch out containers. This is merely a hint and by no means saying you need to make enough to feed an army. I'm just pointing out the maths.

Are you saying that someone could work the system and increase their chance of winning a sweet prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom