2019 Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tire Class presented by Drew Howlett from Falken Tire going on now.

20190907_104705.jpg

20190907_104701.jpg

Our little one is completely fixated on the scavenger hunt prizes, and we probably won’t get back to camp until 245. Will she miss it?

Staff what can be said that has not been stated already. Excellent job by everyone, the Sponsors a Huge THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT YOU HAVE GIVEN US AND THE DONATIONS!!!!! The members who braved the rain on Thursday and the awesome weather to follow after that. These are the people I want to hang with. And a BIG THANK YOU TO RANGER BOB for the use of this beautiful area to camp in. But a BIG THANK YOU TO FACTOR 55 FOR THE RECOVERY HITCH MOUNT!!!! Great to see everyone again and to chew the same dirt!

Hey all, what a weekend! Would like to extend the thanks of our family to everyone who helped make this happen again this year!

So that I can give proper attribution, can someone let me know which sponsor provided the PrincetonTec headlamps for the raffle? (Wasn't sure if these came direct from PT or via another vendor/sponsor)

I'm also super stoked about my Prometheus Design Werx watch band - just the sort of thing I wouldn't have bought for myself. Photos to come on IG, etc. as soon as I can dig out my springbar tool and get it mounted to a watch!

Hey all, what a weekend! Would like to extend the thanks of our family to everyone who helped make this happen again this year!

So that I can give proper attribution, can someone let me know which sponsor provided the PrincetonTec headlamps for the raffle? (Wasn't sure if these came direct from PT or via another vendor/sponsor)

I'm also super stoked about my Prometheus Design Werx watch band - just the sort of thing I wouldn't have bought for myself. Photos to come on IG, etc. as soon as I can dig out my springbar tool and get it mounted to a watch!
The Princeton Tec items came directly from Princeton, they have been supporting the events for a few years now.

Thank you all for coming out for another So Cal Mountain Rendezvous. This is always my favorite event of the year, as I get to hang out with friends old and new up in the mountains. This year did not end on as happy a note as every other year. Like normal, the staff sticks around and walks the camp from top to bottom, every structure, every campsite, every walkway is checked. Normally there is no trash to be found, sadly this was not the case this year, and it is rather disappointing.

a few samples

Here is one of the ashcans, the ones that were mentioned in earlier posts here and announced on-site that they were not to be used for trash and that everything was to be packed out
trash 2.jpg

and here is a bag of trash left hanging from a tree
trash 3.jpg

all in all, the staff picked up and packed out a lot of trash

trash 1.jpg

Thank you all for coming out for another So Cal Mountain Rendezvous. This is always my favorite event of the year, as I get to hang out with friends old and new up in the mountains. This year did not end on as happy a note as every other year. Like normal, the staff sticks around and walks the camp from top to bottom, every structure, every campsite, every walkway is checked. Normally there is no trash to be found, sadly this was not the case this year, and it is rather disappointing.

a few samples

Here is one of the ashcans, the ones that were mentioned in earlier posts here and announced on-site that they were not to be used for trash and that everything was to be packed out
View attachment 46709

View attachment 46710

View attachment 46708

Very disappointing. We have NEVER had that much trash left behind in the EIGHT PREVIOUS YEARS that we have been there.

NOT COOL.

Honestly I brought back more trash this weekend from 2 days than I have from a whole weeks trip. Most of it was from around the campfire after the competition. I did leave some cans behind Saturday night but cleaned up Sunday morning. We should start making the event more sustainable. No plastic water bottles, single use utensils and plates, etc...

a few samples

View attachment 46709

View attachment 46710

View attachment 46708
WOW

Hope we all learn from this and do better next time. Even if its not your trash, pick it up. I try to at least pick up 1 more bag of trash than my own. Not only it helps keep our campgrounds clean but teach a valuable lesson to our younger generations to take care of mother nature.

I suggest to have a similar trash pick up like we do for Desert Rendezvous. @Dave is that something we can introduce for next years MR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom