2016 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous: Swap Meet Thread

Exped Synmat UL 7 LW (Long Wide) never opened, $100. https://www.rei.com/product/811907/exped-synmat-ul-7-air-pad

exped.JPG
IMG_3393_zpsbzkb0x8w.jpg
IMG_3396_zpsahplbi84.jpg

Trasharoo Black, used one weekend with a liner and then stored in the garage...
$40, pic to come - claimed by Jayrat

Last edited:
Couple more items up for grabs from spring...er summer cleaning:

SOLD to @suntinez - Katadyn Vario water filter - New/Unused - $60

Filter has never been used. Yep, this is the one that can (optionally) screw on top of a Nalgene bottle for convenient filling. Original box is gone, comes in the included travel pouch with all accessories. Purchased from Amazon as a just-in-case item and it's been sitting in a box ever since. Full specs here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KUVVY4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SOLD to @RoamingRobertsons - Lifestraw - New/Unused - $15

This filter has also never been used, and lacks it's original packaging. Perfect condition, like above it's been sitting in a box since I bought it. Has a tight-closing cap on each end so there's no need for a pouch...just toss it in your daypack. Full specs here: https://www.amazon.com/LifeStraw-LS...UTF8&qid=1468802589&sr=8-1&keywords=lifestraw

Last edited:
Camco Little Red Campfire - $80: near new, used at the 2015 Snowverland Expo, hasn't been used since. Details on Amazon. — Sold to @ventura911

If anyone else is interested in buying this Little Red Campfire, please post up. While I've changed my mind on it, I have no problem honoring the deal if no one else wants it.

Smittybilt Element Ramps - Almost free* to a needy home**

smittybilt_2504.jpg

I bought these as an inexpensive way to fill a gap for recovery ramps. But the reviews on these do not inspire great confidence, especially for people with heavier rigs. Some have clearly been abused (lots of photos of melted spikes from people spinning tires on them), but I've seen a few examples of broken ramps too. I have never had to use them, I've literally gotten more use out of the cardboard box they came in when I cut it up for templates for brackets. My opinion, based on what I've read, is that the construction and material just isn't up to par with Maxtrax or the new redesigned TRED product (which I have finally received from my Kickstarter pledge lo those many months ago.)

Since these are now "surplus to requirements", I want 'em out of the garage. That said, I feel sketchy about selling something that could fail on someone else. So here's the deal: I will trade these for a cold six pack of mexican beer (your choice), but only to a user with a relatively lightweight rig and for whom these would literally be "better than nothing". If you can afford good gear, go buy it. If you're seriously strapped for cash and you're running a Subaru or something without recovery ramps and would rather have these than nothing, find me with a sixer of Corona or Negro Modelo or something.

Smittybilt Element Ramps - Almost free* to a needy home**

smittybilt_2504.jpg

I bought these as an inexpensive way to fill a gap for recovery ramps. But the reviews on these do not inspire great confidence, especially for people with heavier rigs. Some have clearly been abused (lots of photos of melted spikes from people spinning tires on them), but I've seen a few examples of broken ramps too. I have never had to use them, I've literally gotten more use out of the cardboard box they came in when I cut it up for templates for brackets. My opinion, based on what I've read, is that the construction and material just isn't up to par with Maxtrax or the new redesigned TRED product (which I have finally received from my Kickstarter pledge lo those many months ago.)

Since these are now "surplus to requirements", I want 'em out of the garage. That said, I feel sketchy about selling something that could fail on someone else. So here's the deal: I will trade these for a cold six pack of mexican beer (your choice), but only to a user with a relatively lightweight rig and for whom these would literally be "better than nothing". If you can afford good gear, go buy it. If you're seriously strapped for cash and you're running a Subaru or something without recovery ramps and would rather have these than nothing, find me with a sixer of Corona or Negro Modelo or something.

I will take that deal and put them with the new to me Subie, unless somebody needs them more than I do

I will take that deal and put them with the new to me Subie, unless somebody needs them more than I do

I want some recovery Ramp, but my rig ain't light. Haha. My cruiser would probably eat here alive. Besides, with Triple lockers and 37's I don't need no stinkin ramps.

OK Chris, you're on the list. If someone else meets my criteria, make your case and we'll figure out who they'll benefit the most!

SOG Day Pack
Paid $89 a few months back but too small for what I needed. $60 or best

Attachments

• SOG Bag.jpg
    SOG Bag.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom