2015 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes could you Ill forward them to him so he can decide

This is the Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM)for the forest. It is not the easiest to read, but you want the trails marked 50" or less. I will have some maps on site that are easier to read that you can have. he will want to make sure that he has a spark arrester, they will spot check year round, but are watching very closely right now

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5202570.pdf

#61 Graybeard is out. Looks like the ER is down with a small oil leak that needs attention before driving any distance. The soonest the shop could see it happens to be Monday after the event.

Life threw an unfortunate curve ball & I #46 will unfortunately not be able to make it, I hope someone can pull in that slot with short notice... Enjoy & thanks for putting these events together...
Sorry, curve balls are the worst! If no one else has taken this spot already I gladly will!

@Paige Novy

"Overflow" is for members with an RSVP who are camping and may want to spread out.

That said, this is a closed event on private property and not open to the public. RSVP and a signed hold harmless are required to be on the property.

Sorry I should have clarified, I am with a group that has a Reserved spot already. I unfortunantely have to work later than expected and can no longer drive up with them, so i'd like to meet them up there if possible. I know that there is no room for extra vehicles, so I am hoping there is a nearby spot that I can park then walk into meet my group.

Sounds like a decent group of bikes getting together, might be a good idea to start a separate thread to organize a ride

#114 FJC8871 is out as well. Sorry for the short notice. Looks like there are still folks on the wait list that can take the spot. Have fun and stay safe.

Sorry I should have clarified, I am with a group that has a Reserved spot already. I unfortunantely have to work later than expected and can no longer drive up with them, so i'd like to meet them up there if possible. I know that there is no room for extra vehicles, so I am hoping there is a nearby spot that I can park then walk into meet my group.

Please PM me with a higher level of detail. There is no such thing as RSVP's groups unless it goes through me :)

As has been stated multiple times, the registration is closed, everyone that was on the waiting list has been added to the event, and there is no extended waiting list. Looking forward to seeing all of you either this weekend or on a future trip.

Last edited:
Well, in that case, let's move on to the fun stuff!:cool:

We're still planning on a 1-2 PM departure from Escondido, Friday afternoon. We'll have our 5 year old grandson, Gage, and our Boxer dogs, Mac, and Tassie.

Gage always has a blast at these events. If memory serves, he missed the first one, but has made it to all of the rest. The Rendezvous events are awesome for kid trips IMO. We're relatively comfortable/trusting of all of the people in attendance, plenty of other kids, and he seems to have as much fun looking at all of the various rigs as I do.

Machelle already has us packed, I still need to shift everything from the front room to the truck/camper...I'm going to blow that off until the last minute...that's what the last minute is there for, right?:cool:

See everyone this weekend!

Accepting full responsibility to be flamed and surely showing my age "I'm with the Band ' used to work LOL

There are plenty of trails open, here’s the best info I have on what is closed from fires.

Again … Camp Tahquitz is NOT affected. All highways are open.

From the Summit Fire: pretty much everything on the “south shore” of BB Lake.

The following closures of forest roads and sites will continue to stay in place at least through the weekend:

Forest Roads 2N08 (Knickerbocker); 2N06 (Radford Truck Trail); 1N54 (Clark’s Grade); 2N10 (Skyline)

Forest Road 2N93 (Wildhorse Meadows) is scheduled to reopen today (Wed)

MTB Trails closed include: Towne; Skyline, Champion Lodgepole Pine, Bluff Mesa, Grandview Point, and Seven Oaks.

From the Lake Fire:

1N01 (Pipes) - closed

Heart Bar area - 1N05/1N37 (Fish Creek) closed – Coon Creek (1N02) open

Jenks Lake area 1N84/1N62Y – closed

Jenks Lake is open.

There are plenty of trails open, here’s the best info I have on what is closed from fires.

Again … Camp Tahquitz is NOT affected. All highways are open.

From the Summit Fire: pretty much everything on the “south shore” of BB Lake.

The following closures of forest roads and sites will continue to stay in place at least through the weekend:

Forest Roads 2N08 (Knickerbocker); 2N06 (Radford Truck Trail); 1N54 (Clark’s Grade); 2N10 (Skyline)

Forest Road 2N93 (Wildhorse Meadows) is scheduled to reopen today (Wed)

MTB Trails closed include: Towne; Skyline, Champion Lodgepole Pine, Bluff Mesa, Grandview Point, and Seven Oaks.

From the Lake Fire:

1N01 (Pipes) - closed

Heart Bar area - 1N05/1N37 (Fish Creek) closed – Coon Creek (1N02) open

Jenks Lake area 1N84/1N62Y – closed

Jenks Lake is open.

Thanks Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom