2013 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous

Please vote in this poll to RSVP for MRV - Limit 110 vehicles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job once again to all the staff and volunteers!

I on the other hand need to be put on probation. I assumed that Machelle picked up our pot luck tray and she assumed that I did. Apparently neither one of us picked up. Big thank you to who ever cleaned up after us!

Double probation! Clean out your PM's so I can reply to your message to me. Cleaning up is the common theme - lol.

Dave, Another winner, great show. Thanks to all the food makers , we made many new friends. Now awaiting Desert Rendezvois in March 2014.

Lisa and myself were likely the first people to meet you when you arrived at the event. We ran check in most of the event and it was great meeting so many new people and seeing many old friends. We would like to first thank all the staff and volunteers who help put this event on. Without all of them, none of this would happen. Second, we want to give a huge thanks to all of the vendors that supported the event, with donations to cover the sticker and t-shirt costs and/or gave some great raffle prizes. I think this was the best year for some really cool gear.

The biggest thanks needs to go out to ALL of YOU who attended. If it was not for you supporting the event by taking the time to come, none of this would ever happen. It would be just an idea that was lost. We do hope everyone had a great time, met some great people and saw some amazing rigs. This is what it is all about. Though we were not the last ones out of camp, from what we could tell, people took care of cleaning up their areas and leaving it better than we found it. This is what will allow us to continue using this amazing location in the future.

We are happy that everyone we have heard from has nothing but positive things to say. At the same time, if there was something that you were not happy with, PM us and let us know so we can continue to improve the event. All of us have learned from past events and made some major changes for this one and it seemed it went much smoother, at least from our perspective.

Thanks again to everyone involved.

Lisa and myself were likely the first people to meet you when you arrived at the event. We ran check in most of the event and it was great meeting so many new people and seeing many old friends. We would like to first thank all the staff and volunteers who help put this event on. Without all of them, none of this would happen. Second, we want to give a huge thanks to all of the vendors that supported the event, with donations to cover the sticker and t-shirt costs and/or gave some great raffle prizes. I think this was the best year for some really cool gear.

The biggest thanks needs to go out to ALL of YOU who attended. If it was not for you supporting the event by taking the time to come, none of this would ever happen. It would be just an idea that was lost. We do hope everyone had a great time, met some great people and saw some amazing rigs. This is what it is all about. Though we were not the last ones out of camp, from what we could tell, people took care of cleaning up their areas and leaving it better than we found it. This is what will allow us to continue using this amazing location in the future.

We are happy that everyone we have heard from has nothing but positive things to say. At the same time, if there was something that you were not happy with, PM us and let us know so we can continue to improve the event. All of us have learned from past events and made some major changes for this one and it seemed it went much smoother, at least from our perspective.

Thanks again to everyone involved.

Mike could had not said it better. Everyone thanks for the good times.

Yes, well said Mike. I had a great time as always, which even makes the nasty drive down there well worth it. The event was such a blur, and there were so many people I barely had time to say hi to, and others I didn't even manage that! The Dutch Oven offerings were amazing and the regular potluck items were tasty too.

I have to sort through photo, unpack, etc. but I'll post here when I post up my photos and such. Hope everyone else does likewise. Brent already has a nice gallery up and has the link to that on his Facebook page.

Thanks again to Dave, the volunteers, the donors and sponsors, the attendees and friends old and new. GOOD TIMES!

Just wanted to say Thanks to All-Pro Off-Road for donating the TJM Tyre Repair Kit! It is a great raffle prize and it already has a home in my rig!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 88
Huge thanks to Dave and the AAV crew for knocking another one out of the park! I had a blast and got to go wheeling with some awesome peeps as well so couldn't be happier. Thanks once again to Chris (BlkWgn) for leading our trail run and taking care of everyone on the trail and to Bob our tailgunner.
Also thanks to all the vendors and attendees for making it such a memorable events and supplying us with goodies for the raffle etc..
Great event all around. I've got some pix as well that I'll post when I get a chance.
Already looking forward to DRV '14!

Well I'm late to the party as usual but here are the best pics we got over the weekend:)

Hardly got any of the camp... Nearly all were on the trail run, but here was our camp site up in the trees away from the crowds:)

Airing down

The summit of the first tough hill climb:

Nomad's rig: RIP

Watching the rest of the group make the climb:

Power Wagon towing Jeep:

Can really see the challenge of the climb here:
WebRep

line-dark-horizontal.png
Overall rating
line-dark-horizontal.png

line-dark-horizontal.png

And some more

Maxtrax FJ

One of the vans:

Lunch break:)

Lead van getting slightly buried to the axles

Nice view of the group and some desert in the background:

Poor Jeep getting the strap after a gas tank leak

and airing up

I have a few more of each rig from the run if anybody wants pics of their rig just send me a PM:cool:
WebRep

line-dark-horizontal.png
Overall rating
line-dark-horizontal.png

line-dark-horizontal.png

Great shots if you don't mind would you post these in the thread for the run. and I know you said PM, but I would like any shots you have of the Power Wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom