NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Hi all! My name is Jaime. I fell in love with camping as a kid and journeyed all around CA in a 1988 Wrangler and F250 with an old Alaskan pop-up. I now have a Tacoma and FWC. I previously owned an F250 and Lance camper which I discovered was way to big for my likes so I went back to a Tacoma. Glad to be here!

IMG_0823.JPG
Hi, I'm new to off-roading, new to California (Huntington Beach), new to HAM radio and riding an old Montero - sounds like the recipe for disaster:)
Glad to join this group and I hope to get to know some of you.
George

Good morning,
I learned about American Adventurist just a few months ago and enjoyed reading all of the cool blog stories. Yesterday, I signed up for September's SoCal event, and I look forward to meeting you all. San Diego, CA is home, and I use my 2016 Tacoma 4x4 for surf trips, camping, hiking, and some overlanding. Excited to attend and take classes for the first time at Overland Expo West next week. In addition while at the Expo, I will be an Ambassador for Deadman Offroad who also happens to be an American Adventurist member. Please visit them at Booth #120.

The picture is from last year as I did an overland trip out and back to Fort Collins, CO for a friend's wedding. I call my rig Polu, Hawaiian for the color blue, as it ties into my love of the ocean.

Cheers,
Aaron

DSC_0572.jpg

Hi all! My name is Jaime. I fell in love with camping as a kid and journeyed all around CA in a 1988 Wrangler and F250 with an old Alaskan pop-up. I now have a Tacoma and FWC. I previously owned an F250 and Lance camper which I discovered was way to big for my likes so I went back to a Tacoma. Glad to be here!
Welcome to the AAV FWC Camper Club! I have a 2015 FWC Hawk. @Dave and a few other members also have FWC's.

Hello all. Suppose I should follow directions and introduce myself. I am Rafepirate (Ralph), and wife RPepperpot (Susan).
I work for VA Long Beach Healthcare, Pulmonary service, serving our Veterans.
We're glad to join the group and would like to thank our nephew, Blkwgn, for the invitation to AmericanAdventurist.com.

I spent much of my youth riding dirt bikes in the Mojave desert and Baja. Our family owned a motorcycle shop in San Pedro for years.
I have enjoyed quality time speeding excessively (but legally) on California, Nevada and Utah highways with the Silver State Open Road Racers in the 110 mph and 130 mph classes.
We are reacquainting ourselves with off roading and camping after a lengthy hiatus of not doing either. It's good to get away from the Los Angeles area rat race.

My current ride is an F350 King Ranch 4x4 diesel with a caravan tops camper shell. Trucks scratched, dented and dirty...just as it should be!

Hello all. Suppose I should follow directions and introduce myself. I am Rafepirate (Ralph), and wife RPepperpot (Susan).
I work for VA Long Beach Healthcare, Pulmonary service, serving our Veterans.
We're glad to join the group and would like to thank our nephew, Blkwgn, for the invitation to AmericanAdventurist.com.

I spent much of my youth riding dirt bikes in the Mojave desert and Baja. Our family owned a motorcycle shop in San Pedro for years.
I have enjoyed quality time speeding excessively (but legally) on California, Nevada and Utah highways with the Silver State Open Road Racers in the 110 mph and 130 mph classes.
We are reacquainting ourselves with off roading and camping after a lengthy hiatus of not doing either. It's good to get away from the Los Angeles area rat race.

My current ride is an F350 King Ranch 4x4 diesel with a caravan tops camper shell. Trucks scratched, dented and dirty...just as it should be!

Glad to see you made it over here

@Rafepirate, did you just get that truck? If so, I think it used to belong to an attorney for the company I work for. If not, it's that trucks twin.

2016 Toyota Tacoma.jpg
Hi my name is Angel, I love outdoors, I joyned a Jeep club 5 years ago in Hemet California, and I have been Mountain biking for about 20 years, I started doing bikepacking trips and I love camping even more with the bikepacking trips, looking forthward to joint more adventures with the American Adventurist.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. My name is Jason and I live in San Diego. I've been a lurker for the past year and I'd like to get more involved. My family and I have a 4Runner that we picked up about a year ago and have been exploring the deserts and mountains of SoCal. I've already met some members of the site while on some trips and I look forward to connecting with more like-minded adventurers.

Hi everyone. My name is Jason and I live in San Diego. I've been a lurker for the past year and I'd like to get more involved. My family and I have a 4Runner that we picked up about a year ago and have been exploring the deserts and mountains of SoCal. I've already met some members of the site while on some trips and I look forward to connecting with more like-minded adventurers.

Welcome Jason!

:home

Hi everyone! My name is Bryant and I am one of the owners of Deadman Off-Road.

I have been offroading and overlanding and camping with my family of 6 for the last 4+ years, ever since we first moved from the east coast the west coast. There has been so much to explore out here and we have absolute fallen in love with the whole lifestyle. More than once we have seriously thought/joked about selling it all to travel full time.

We have been through several vehicles since then as we are trying to nail down that perfect vehicle that can haul all of us and all our stuff and do all that we want. We started with a JK where I shoe horned in a 3rd row. While it would go over anything, we sold it as we couldn't hear the kids in the way back when we were running down the highway. Then we got a FZJ80 Land Cruiser. That was an amazing vehicle. But we sold it as well since we started looking at destinations further than a days drive. We decided to grab a travel trailer since the whole RTT scene doesn't have a tent large enough for 6 people to sleep comfortably. Even though we specifically bought a trailer light enough for the Cruiser to pull, it couldn't get out of its own way much less pull 3000lbs up the mountains we have around here. Right now my wife daily drives a 06 Sequoia with 4wd. So for that has been an excellent vehicle for us and we will be keeping this one for a while. I am now on the hunt for my own vehicle though. Now that I have my own offroading company, I kinda need to play the part. Its a good thing my business partner has a sweet Tacoma that has taken the brunt of all our testing.

Back
Top Bottom