What's in your recovery bag?

Question: once you've mucked up your strap, rope, wire, hardware, what is your process/procedure for cleaning, inspecting and storing? Particularly interested in the cleaning of mucked up straps and synth ropes. Much appreciated.
Synthetic straps and rope: Dish-washing soap and water; stretch it out on the ground, not under load, and hose it down to removed debris from the inner fibers. Allow to air dry. Store.
Steel rope: Dish-washing soap and water; stretch it out on the ground, not under load, and hose it down to removed debris from the inner strands/wraps. You may need to hit some spots with accumulated grease or oil with WD-40 or similar water and oil displacing/dissolving material. Allow to dry. Apply a light coating of a dry lubricant and store.
Hardware: Any cleaning agent and brush. Apply a light coating of a dry lubricant and store for metal hardware.

on my truck Warn Trans4mer Winch\Bush Guard Mount w\12,000 lb. winch, Factor 55 Fairlead spooled on the drum 7\16" x 75ft. Master Pull Classic Synthetic Winch Rope 21,500lbs. breaking strength
stored under rear seat of truck in rigging bag
4 - 3/4" Shackles
1 - 2" x 20ft. 20,000lbs. breaking strength Recovery Strap
1 - 17,000 lbs. Snatch Block
3"x 6' 30,000 lbs. Tree Saver
25 ft of 3/8″ Dyneema 18,500lbs. breaking strength extension rope
Trail Gloves (his & hers)
wireless winch remote
cord winch remote

stored under rear seat of truck next to rigging bag under a clean towel
Spare \ Extra 7\16" x 50ft. Master Pull Classic Synthetic Winch Rope 21,500lbs. breaking strength

items stored in or on trailer
42" Hi Lift Jack
2 sets of (4) XBull Recovery Boards
Shovel
Axe
Bow Saw w\ 4 extra blades

also from furthest right side passenger to left (red) First Aid \ Trauma Bag , Tool Kit, under a clean towel
spare 7\16" x 50ft. Master Pull Classic Synthetic Winch Rope, Recovery Bag, VIAIR 400P Compressor.
50919592_2032174463498084_2454610106432618496_n.jpg

Doing like a "haul" in youtube hhahah. Have the following:

Gloves
First Aid
Few wrenches and pliers
Winch extension strap
Snatch strap
Tree saver
Damper

What I carry depends on where I’m going and with whom.
at a minimum I carry a first aid kit geared for auto accidents, a 30’ kinetic recovery strap, a couple of shackles, gloves, a few basic tools and of course a 226.

From there we can add water, food, InReach, compressor, tire kit, etc., etc.

Back
Top Bottom