Synthetic Winch Rope recommendations

Just picked up a Factor 55 FlatLink and Custom Splice ARB Offset Hawse Fairlead, now I need to figure out what rope to go with...
Currently loaded with 88' of 3/8" cable, an odd length. So I'm trying to figure out what I can squeeze in there. Most come in 80', 95' or 100' of 3/8" line.

May try and squeeze a few extra feet in. Just recently had some great service from Custom Splice but they don't seem to have the length or color I want.

Just picked up a Factor 55 FlatLink and Custom Splice ARB Offset Hawse Fairlead, now I need to figure out what rope to go with...
Currently loaded with 88' of 3/8" cable, an odd length. So I'm trying to figure out what I can squeeze in there. Most come in 80', 95' or 100' of 3/8" line.

May try and squeeze a few extra feet in. Just recently had some great service from Custom Splice but they don't seem to have the length or color I want.

The Master Pull site has a nice chart of what will fit

Anyone have any experience specifically with this SB product?

Thimble.PNG

Nice. I sent that to Factor 55, should be good for some laughs there.

If a guy is gonna drop $70 plus tax and shipping on Smittybilt's knock off, why not just spend $142 on the real deal Factor 55 Pro Link that's Made in USA?

:independence

http://factor55.com/product/prolink/

It's on Amazon Prime too, free shipping ;)

^^^ this, but some never learn. Being a potentially lifesaving item I took the various Factor 55's on my 3 builds

They used to make Delrin rollers that would fit your standard cage.

Sounds like ol' Smittybilt is about to have some litigation... those Factor 55 knock offs won't be on the market long :lawyer

Sounds like ol' Smittybilt is about to have some litigation... those Factor 55 knock offs won't be on the market long :lawyer

That's good to hear. I'm sure it's not their first time in litigation for knocking off good products and won't be their last.

That's good to hear. I'm sure it's not their first time in litigation for knocking off good products and won't be their last.

You'd think at some point they'd get plowed under by the costs associated with their nefarious ethics and business practices.

Sadly, the courts actually make that stuff easy. Otherwise, patent trolls wouldn't be a thing. For starters, poor ol' Factor 55 will have to do all the legwork and funding to prove SB is infringing, profiting and damaging Factor 55. In the meantime, SB could rake in millions with no expense on R&D. Chances are it's actually more profitable to be nefarious than ethical. Sad reality.

The issue really is that people are willing to buy the garbage in the first place. Enabling the shady bastards.

I go out of my way to buy products that are made in USA. Sometimes I have to buy China or wherever - sometimes it's even better depending on what it is. But I always try to buy the genuine article from the company that made it first if I can.

I will never spend a single dollar with SB. To me they represent what's wrong in the world today. Shady bastards ought to be beat with shillelaghs and drug out of town behind a team of wild horses.

I will never spend a single dollar with SB. To me they represent what's wrong in the world today. Shady bastards ought to be beat with shillelaghs and drug out of town behind a team of wild horses.
All shadyness aside, some of us remember The Rusted Pony.

I'll stir this pot...
If SB can offer it at $70, do you feel even a little bit like F55 is asking too much? I really don't want to hear about the design cost, because, really how much time went into an engineer on a computer to design any of this?

The issue really is that people are willing to buy the garbage in the first place. Enabling the shady bastards.

I go out of my way to buy products that are made in USA. Sometimes I have to buy China or wherever - sometimes it's even better depending on what it is. But I always try to buy the genuine article from the company that made it first if I can.

Same here. I just ordered the real deal, Factor 55 Prolink, in raw aluminum from Amazon for $125! I've got a new bumper being fabbed by Denver Offroad out of plate aluminum so the Prolink should blend right in but be noticeable to the discerning eye. I'll pick it up the bumper when I head back that Way for the eclipse in August and install it at my brother-in-laws shop. Sorry, no pics until then! Now back to researching winch lines. I can't put that Prolink on the old steel cable or put that old steel cable in a shiny new aluminum bumper.

Back
Top Bottom