Good beginner Mtn Bike?

I have a 2012 Rock Hopper 29 (comp trim) I'm looking to get rid of. I just traded up to a 2015 Giant Trance Advanced. LOL

To Scott:

I'd look hard at the base Specialized Hardrock Disc 650b. The disc brakes (even mechanical pull) are a HUGE step up from V-brakes. Totally worth pushing your budget up to $500 IMO.

I beat HARD on a Specialized Hardrock for about 10 years, and it took it without complaint. I mean, riding down huge sets of stairs on my college campus, hard. Besides having the wheels trued every so often, and a basic tune up every couple years, it didn't require anything. It was a great bike.
Hmmm what size frame is on your rock hopper 29?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

17 inch, which equates to a M/L I believe. Specialized used (still does? not sure) numbers instead of a general frame "size" for a long time.

I'm 5' 9" and it fits me perfectly.

That bike is a smoking deal. one of my running friends, who is now suffering from knee issues like the rest of us just bought one, and that is a well equipped bike for the money. ABSOLUTELY don't buy V-brakes. Its not worth the hassle, discs are set it and forget it, and honestly, no one even carries pads in stock for V-brakes any more.

Back
Top Bottom