Dave's Jeep JT Gladiator: The 'Gator

Experimenting with a new shade option from Force Protector Gear, the Adapter Shade Panel. More on this topic later but here’s a sneak peak.

View attachment 56338

View attachment 56336

View attachment 56339

View attachment 56337
Not to interrupt your Gladiator thread, but this new Adapter Shade Panel is very appealing.

FPG has a great line of Thermashield products. I've had four of their TS11-B Field Blankets and one of their Thermashield X-Lites going on a couple years now, and have used them in a variety of situations and environments. That they've designed the Adapter Shade Panel to work well with these products is terrific. It shows their attentiveness to current adventure needs and expands the versatility of their products for both base camping and shorter camps.

The effectiveness of the heat reflecting quality of their products with Reflectec® lining--whether to keep heat contained in cold environments or reflect heat back out in daytime desert environments--is not to be underestimated. It can be a life-saver and has been, in more than one military operation or expedition.

My FPG Field Blankets make a huge difference in comfort both when on extended stays in the Chihuahuan Desert and in freezing temps camping lakeside in New England. They are versatile, pack small, and are very effective at modulating temps in camp environments. I can carry them in my canoe or on my bike for overnights away from van or trailer, extending their versatility.

desertbunker_9659-900.JPG

I regularly attach my FPG TS11B Field Blankets to my trailer's awning with tarp clips for warm weather, with a vent clearance at the top and guyed out with Prusik knots for tightening.

They extend--and often double--the footprint under cover I have for cooking, living space, and writing/photography work. They are just as effective as the aluminized resin coating on my awning at reflecting intense heat. To have an expanse of shade in desert camps makes the difference between bugging out or staying longer.

desertbunker_2387-900.JPG

FPG's rugged Gromolon anchoring, pole points, and snaps are great features.

coldweather_5639.jpg

I installed marine stud fasteners along the struts of my trailer awning to accommodate the regularly spaced snaps on the FPG field blankets. It allows a variety of configurations to contain the heat from my propane fire ring; from small rooms around just cooking area to expansive arrangements like above.

FPG's attention to detail, and customer support when I've been out in the middle of extended adventures with oddball shipping addresses, has made a world of difference. Frank and Andy and their shipping support staff have never left me wanting.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Lest @Haggis or anyone else think this truck doesn’t put in any real work, that’s approximately 1,800 lbs of sod in the bed of the Gladiator. I can verify that it will carry every bit of advertised payload and then some.

Good thing I upgraded the rear with @Timbren-Industries :D

View attachment 56357
I approve of this post. ;)

Your load out is nicely color matched btw, lol.

And today’s lunch spot… nice way to ease into the long weekend. Sweet Spot Kit provides excellent shade AND a nice wind break here.

We keep saying we’re leaving Florida and headed back to California but the Siren’s song is strong here…

1F2AC5FC-8D45-491B-8F85-3E5B56CDDE93.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom