4th Gen Taco: 2024 revealed?

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
Background:

The images come from a Design Patent Registration filed in Brazil. The document filed with the document indicates that it was published on January 24, 2023, by Brazil's Ministério do Desenvolvimento, Indústria, Comércio e Serviços Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial.

The authors of the design are listed as Matthew Niven Sperling, Scott Matthew Roller; Kengo Iwanaga, and Yeongmin Kong.

Kengo Iwanaga has been a Senior Lead Designer at Toyota's Calty Design Research center since November 2009. Similarly, Yeongmin Kong has been a Senior Lead Designer at Calty Design Research since June 2018. Matthew Sperling has also been involved in many of Toyota's patents.

486A089C-C690-4D5F-905C-A68F4A404D31.jpeg
FA3DC973-19C2-4FE6-9FB7-EF884DD793E2.jpeg
DDB612ED-31C6-4299-BCC6-948CD11E4971.jpeg
A7CCDBC6-FC23-4AEA-8EEF-76985F52EE64.jpeg
C7573A82-2AEA-4722-9E79-67EAAFDCABF0.jpeg

Here is a look at how this design compares to the Tacoma EV Concept previously shown by Toyota.

0FC53114-6A97-454B-B2BA-3FA95B05BDCA.jpeg

Not too bad. I hope the flat roof line stays, but not the roof spoiler. The fake headlight and fender flare vents are silly. Curious to see if those inserts in the lower grill area are integrated foglights. But more importantly, the powerplant...

Coil springs in the rear? The electric has leaf and the drawing doesn't.

Much speculation.

Not too bad. I hope the flat roof line stays, but not the roof spoiler. The fake headlight and fender flare vents are silly. Curious to see if those inserts in the lower grill area are integrated foglights. But more importantly, the powerplant...
I bet that is an actual areo feature, keeps the air moving further out and smoothly past the tailgate. Maybe not, but Toyota doesn't usually just put spoilers on things.

Either way it will be TNG-F…
Btw… Brazil just gets the HiLux.. so there is hope for the American market that the Tacoma will = HiLux

Attachments

• EFAB9E12-3B0B-437F-BAC2-1B86DABC19A2.jpeg
    EFAB9E12-3B0B-437F-BAC2-1B86DABC19A2.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 99
:keyboard

I'll take a guess, low payload sub 1200 on the TRD offroad due to hybrid battery pack, low power high strung turbo 4, 31" tires on TRD Offroad. I have little faith Toyota wont screw the next Taco up.

Which is sad right?

I mean, who is advising them at the highest levels to pursue these whacky combos while Ford and Jeep and even GMC are offering TRUE offroad ready, dual locked machines from the factory?

Which is sad right?

I mean, who is advising them at the highest levels to pursue these whacky combos while Ford and Jeep and even GMC are offering TRUE offroad ready, dual locked machines from the factory?

Exactly! Ford, Jeep, Ram, and Chevy building legitimate off roaders with up to 37" tires. Had two clients with Jeep 392s last year, WOW what a rig. Sure its 80K, that's not much more than I have in my build. With a factory warranty. The only positive Toyotas have a high rating for reliability but when highly modified through out the warranty and some of the reliability.

Which is sad right?

Perhaps it was Akio Toyoda himself. He is the reason behind the slow adoption of electric vehicles by Toyota. Insisting that the adoption of EVs would be slower despite other manufactures adding EVs to their lineup. This is one of the reasons why he is stepping down as CEO. Maybe he was also resisting the offroad trend as well.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/business/big-news-akio-toyoda-stepping-down-toyota-ceo

Looked at some new Tundras and a Sequoia. They’re really pushing the hybrid crap.

I really hope Toyota doesn’t force feed hybrid technology into the Tacoma lineup the same way. If the top line 4WD models are hybrid only I will never own a Toyota truck again.

Looked at some new Tundras and a Sequoia. They’re really pushing the hybrid crap.

I really hope Toyota doesn’t force feed hybrid technology into the Tacoma lineup the same way. If the top line 4WD models are hybrid only I will never own a Toyota truck again.

#jeepforever

#jeepforever

No brand will be immune from the lock-step march towards electrification and it’s required tethering to the grid and urban areas.

It’s highly likely that with our current course and heading in just 20 years time you won’t be able to buy or operate combustion engines.

Red Barchetta was supposed to be science fiction but it’s turning into a prophecy. And I hate it.

No brand will be immune from the lock-step march towards electrification and it’s required tethering to the grid and urban areas.

It’s highly likely that with our current course and heading in just 20 years time you won’t be able to buy or operate combustion engines.

Red Barchetta was supposed to be science fiction but it’s turning into a prophecy. And I hate it.

Had to look this up. Didn't realize Neil Pert was an author or someone wrote a book about the song.

Back
Top Bottom