2023 Mountain Rendezvous Camp Cooking Competition and Potluck Sponsored by Tembo Tusk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have more than 2 hrs. Prep work like (not cooking) can be done at home then mixed at camp to cook and complete your dish. We have had folks cook 4 and 5 hrs (including me before I was staff, your welcome @TACMEDIC), just like you to do it at the main fire ring. Make sure all classes are completed or that you are out of the way of said classes.
Remember if you are serving from your cooking station or on the provided tables to have your own provided voting cup for tickets. You can decorate it however (in good taste, no pun) you feel like. All food must be fully cooked and ready to serve by 1700 (5:00PM) and either at your cooking station or on the provided tables. You provide your serving utensil, sides, condiments, etc for your dish.
At this time NO open flames like wood or charcoal is allowed. Propane/Butane are okay.
If I decide Mac&cheese- can I par-cook the noodles at home?

If I decide Mac&cheese- can I par-cook the noodles at home?
Actual cooking should be completed at the event. Prep work like slicing and dicing can be done at home or in your can-spot prior to cooking at the main fire ring.

IRT timing of cooking, while the "Cookoff" itself starts at 1500, if your dish requires more cooking time than that you are more than welcome to set up at the main fire ring when you need to start, but be aware that there will be other activities going on in that area. See me at the checkin station and I or another member of the Crew will direct you to the part of the main fire ring that will be good to use.

@AdventureRoamX
@Icehammer23
@Tugs
@Volzkes
@StacieGale
@rippersjc
@Bluejeep
@TACMEDIC
@Team Nelson
Thank you all for posting up what you're making and competing with in the Camp Cooking Competition. You, any anyone else that is taking part still need to register at checkin with screen name and dish name to be on the official list to be eligible for voting. And as Tim said above, you are responsible for providing containers to collect voting tickets in.

I'm making a dish that would require an hr of electricity. Is there anywhere to plug in electric items at the event? I do not have the capacity to run it from my car.

My competition items are a Main dish BBQ Ribs.
As part of the potluck I'll be making sides. A Green Machine dip and potato salad. All will be served from my station.

I'm making a dish that would require an hr of electricity. Is there anywhere to plug in electric items at the event? I do not have the capacity to run it from my car.
The only place in camp there might be electricity would be in one of the restrooms, but from ahealth and saftey standpoint we can not allow that. Also, using electricity is a bit outside of the spirit of a CAMP cooking competition.

Camp update:

Bathrooms/water is functioning on site. Fresh portajohns as well.

Charcoal for Dutch ovens on Saturday is OK at the main fire ring only.

No wood fires. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom