2022 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG SHOUT OUT TO ALL OF OUR SPONSORS FOR THIS DESERT RENDEZVOUS!

C4BF24AC-3A5E-4D3F-B8A1-BF000BCF33B1.png

Please open my spot to the next lucky wait lister as I will not be able to attend. Family member birthday event moved to same weekend and I dare not miss it lol.

This will be the first DRV I have missed in all these great years but hopefully someone new can attend.
Eric
Thank you AA team for hosting these you are appreciated!

Eric, was looking forward to seeing you and your family again this year! You will be missed. See you next year!!

Dave, sorry for the last minute notice. Not going to make for the Desert Rendezvous weekend. I've got Saturday only off, think of just driving up after work from Yuma and camp one day but that would be pushing its. Have fun, be safe.Take care. See ya at Mountain Rendezvous.

The registration list is printed and final, no further changes will be made. See you all ina couple of days

Dave, sorry for the last minute notice. Not going to make for the Desert Rendezvous weekend. I've got Saturday only off, think of just driving up after work from Yuma and camp one day but that would be pushing its. Have fun, be safe.Take care. See ya at Mountain Rendezvous.

Sorry to hear that. See you at MRV!

REMINDER!

For the first time at any Rendezvous we will be holding a BEST CAMPSITE competition!

The rules are simple - there are none! Create your own oasis in the desert or any theme you'd like to draw everyone's attention to YOUR campsite! Decorate, celebrate, dare to be different!

You may even want to bribe the Judges with cold beverages or hors d'oeuvres for influence just like they do up in Sacramento! ;)

Who are the Judges? YOU are the Judges! Each RSVP will be given one token at check in to vote with.

Each participating campsite will provide an appropriately themed receptacle to receive votes in. At the appropriate time and place (TBD), tokens will be turned in for final tabulation.

And yes, it pays to be winner. There has to be a prize, right?

Additional information for Rendezvous Participants:

● DO NOT leave any trash behind. No garbage, not even micro trash, will be left on site. Pack OUT what you pack in!
● Please greatly reduce your speed whenever you are driving in and out of the camp. For real.
● All dogs must be kept on a leash at all times, no exceptions.
● Alcohol is prohibited during scheduled Rendezvous activities (classes, trail runs). If you feel the need to ignore this rule on the trail or elsewhere you will be asked to leave.
● Firearm laws of the State of Arizona are observed. There are no shooting activities at this event and no firearms are to be discharged here.
● This is not an RV event. RV's, toy haulers, traditional camper trailers, 5th wheels, and Class A or C motorhomes are not allowed.
● No generators please. Enjoy the sounds of the desert and new friends!
● OHVs are expected to have common safety equipment and must be registered and insured to operate on AZ roadways. Additionally, vehicles should be similarly equipped with front and rear recovery points as well as winch/recovery equipment based upon the trails and conditions.
● Flush toilets are NOT provided at this venue. You must be self-sufficient.
● Potable water access will NOT be available. You must be self-sufficient.
● Quiet time is 1100 PM! Be considerate of others or we will release ManBearPig to deal with your insolence.
● Cell reception may be limited around the area.
● Trained EMT’s and First Responders will be on site in case of emergency.

● Did we mention Tread Lightly? That means take ALL your trash with you when you leave. Leave nothing behind!

- Please note that this is NOT a commercial event: Personal accountability and self-sufficiency is an expectation in this group! Pack OUT what you pack in! Be an ADVENTURIST!

WE HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO LEAVE THIS AREA BETTER THAN WE FOUND IT!

HOLD HARMLESS PDF IS ATTACHED TO THE 1st POST - SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE LINK, PRINT AND SIGN AND THROW IT IN YOUR GLOVE BOX NOW!

Once you arrive, you will present your signed Hold-Harmless, and there will be a cash donation of $40 at check in. All proceeds cover operating costs for this event, and we will be making a donation to CORVA this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom