Tiny Rig Co.

2016 SoCal Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...I'm a bit lost. I'm looking for the desert but am having a bit of trouble finding it
b8a40ed572272cfbfb1b0702c432b645.jpg

All I see is
7796f10baa6d2e3f99c4909cf96c01df.jpg

But I was expecting more
ded03bcd40db2ef7dd9fd24ac78d5418.jpg

Hmmmm

Well crap, I'm out. My work is sending me up North to try and get a job right side up again. I don't think I will be back in time. This sucks!!!!!!!

Began my minimal preparation on Sunday night (rig is usually packed except for food): plugged in the charger and turned on the fridge to get it started cooling. Just happened to check things again Monday evening to find that my battery was at 60%. Turns out my very expensive Optima Ultimizer charger will not get a charge going - ramps up to about 8amps, then quits. Grrr!

Well, new Iota charger ordered w/ 2-day Amazon shipping. Looks like I've got pre-rendezvous rig work after all!

Began my minimal preparation on Sunday night (rig is usually packed except for food): plugged in the charger and turned on the fridge to get it started cooling. Just happened to check things again Monday evening to find that my battery was at 60%. Turns out my very expensive Optima Ultimizer charger will not get a charge going - ramps up to about 8amps, then quits. Grrr!

Well, new Iota charger ordered w/ 2-day Amazon shipping. Looks like I've got pre-rendezvous rig work after all!
It could be worse. I picked up a bad clacking from the CV joints on my van last weekend, so I have a pair of new axles waiting at home to be installed before Friday.
[emoji35]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My Norcold has a bad igniter. I'm hoping it gets here and I can have someone replace it before Friday. :dunno

Well, I can say that Schumacher (the manufacturer of Odyssey's charger) is stepping up to get it returned for repair (which won't help by Friday, but still). I'll still probably take this opportunity to install a hardwired charger, though.

Hey Brian, I'm sorry to hear you are sick and cant make it, but......:jump::stars:jump: My first DRV!!! So :bowdown (insert Bill and Ted voices); get well soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiny Rig Co.
Back
Top Bottom