2015 SoCal Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#92 EugeneTheJeeper is not going to make it. Wife got sick. Have been looking forward to this for several months. Hopefully someone on the waiting list will have a great time.

Just a quick note to thank everyone involved for a great weekend. My wife and I met quite a few incredibly nice people, got to check out some top-notch rigs, and eat some great food. Despite the loss of our EZ-Up (which was doing fine until the Nite-Ize Figure 9 Carabiner on the guy lines failed) and the destruction of our camping plates (which apparently looked too much like a frisbee to one of the camp dogs), we had a blast.

Special thanks to Xpedition Outfitters for donating the LED Light Bar that my wife won in the raffle. It looks like a sweet bar, and my wife and I are arguing about whether the lights will end up on my Ram pickup or on her old CJ.

Also, thanks to Allen (with the amazing Earthroamer), Justin, Tony, and Jerry for inviting us over to hang out on Saturday night. That was fun.

Just wanted to drop a quick note of thanks to Dave and the whole AAV team for an enjoyable time at DRV 2015! It was nice visiting old friends and making new ones, and I wish I'd had enough time to stop by and visit with everyone while I was out there but alas, flying in on Friday and leaving on Saturday at lunch-time came too quickly.

Thanks again to everyone for their hospitality...cheers!

Thanks Dave and all who helped put the Desert Rendezvous together.
My Son Bryan and I had a great time and got to catch up with old friends and made new ones as well!

I echo all the sentiments here. Another GREAT event, with a very successful desert cleanup, and tons of fun! Already counting down to MRV..

Thanks to the crew at AAV! We had a great time, and after trying to escape the heat on Sunday, we got a little ride in up to Sandstone Canyon. Thanks again and looking forward to many more!
image.jpg

Just got off the phone with the BLM. Our cleanup recovered over 1.6 TONS of trash from public land!

:tread

DRV 2015 1.6 TONS OF TRASH DUMPSTER.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent. Tonnage will go a long way toward proving that our community walks the walk. Great job, yall!

Great job everyone! I want to say a special thank you to Dave and crew for organizing this event, and another for those of you that drove up and down the tracks loading vehicles with trash to take to the dumpster, so the walkers didn't have to walk 5 miles to the dumpster. Quite a help!

It's absolutely mind boggling how much stuff gets dumped in the desert...

DRV 2015 1.6 TONS OF TRASH DUMPSTER.jpg

Needs to get to a local station to get the word out that our community does care about public lands and is capable and willing to do something about it. Great job AAV crew for the stellar organization!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom