2015 SoCal Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had many questions about the 120 cap on BLM land. In a nutshell, BLM requires a permit for large groups and as such we are playing by BLM rules.

Desert Rendezvous cannot be a free for all folks, BLM doesn't want Burning Man in SoCal!

:lawyer

BIG THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT INDUSTRY PARTNERS WHO HELP MAKE THE RENDEZVOUS EVENTS POSSIBLE!

If you need gear, these are the folks that support us so please keep that in mind next time you need something :thumbsup

DRV 2015 SHIRT BACK.jpg

Last edited:
Site recon complete. Some of you have been here, many have not. Be advised that along the RR tracks on the way out there are many paths, closer to the RR tracks is not guaranteed to be the best or easiest. You WILL need 4WD to get there IMHO. Driver skill is a big factor too in the moondust. Be prepared for a fun but very dusty drive - it is the desert after all.

Fullsize 4WD truck with FWC, Sportsmobile or bone stock 4x4 SUV can all make it if you can drive. If you get stuck well, you get stuck. Lots of folks will be going back and forth along that corridor and it's also patrolled by BLM and Border Patrol so it's not like you'll die out there... I hope

:desertsurvival

But once you get to the Rendezvous site, it's awesome.

DRV recon.jpg

Last edited:
Went through from Plaster City to split mountain on that road two weeks ago with stock Ford F250 with FWC camper no problem. Air down and keep moving!

This just in... Leitner Designs will be unveiling a MAJOR new product at DRV. I've seen it and all I can say is holy crap is it NICE!

Attachments

• leitner_logo_site_222222946.jpg
    leitner_logo_site_222222946.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 204
Sorry for the late notice, my apologies, but work has got in the way of play - I'm not going to be able to make this one. Hope to see you at the Mountain event later in the year. Have a great safe event.

Sorry for the late notice, my apologies, but work has got in the way of play - I'm not going to be able to make this one. Hope to see you at the Mountain event later in the year. Have a great safe event.

Sorry you won't be able to make it but thanks for the heads up.

RSVP and Wait Lists have been updated.

Hi guys, I'm out. I'll be on a brewery road trip in WA, OR and NorCal. Wish I could top it off with a visit at DR, but we won't be back until Saturday night in Santa Barbara. Have a great time! I can't believe I'm missing it.

Hi guys, I'm out. I'll be on a brewery road trip in WA, OR and NorCal. Wish I could top it off with a visit at DR, but we won't be back until Saturday night in Santa Barbara. Have a great time! I can't believe I'm missing it.
Can you just send Frankie by himself? :)

That's ok, send dog and overnight the beer down and you will be forgiven

Sorry we won't see you and Frankie.... well really Frankie. :p

Lists have been updated.

I'm not going to be able to make this one. Sometime, is hard to balance work and recreation!
I hope to see you at the Mountain Rendezvous event later in the year.
Thanks Dave and all the people who is involved and make this event possible!
Have a great safe event.

Sorry but unfortunately we will be unable to make the DR this year. Have fun and be safe out there...:)

Andy and Lori
Sorry to hear it, Andy!

Spot 73 now filled by ShanleX

I'm not going to be able to make this one. Sometime, is hard to balance work and recreation!
I hope to see you at the Mountain Rendezvous event later in the year.
Thanks Dave and all the people who is involved and make this event possible!
Have a great safe event.

Spot #112 no filled by Jayrat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom