Ford Bronco's return

My business partner had a private client training last Saturday with a client and his Bronco Sport. Probably one of the better crossovers.
Sport.jpg

My business partner had a private client training last Saturday with a client and his Bronco Sport. Probably one of the better crossovers. View attachment 57261

Yeah so was the Bronco II in its day. I just hope Ford doesn’t do a repeat with these Sports where 10 years from now, functioning examples are few and far between. Seems “cars” are disposable these days.

Landed in Austin this evening and the rental place had a Bronco Sport. In the 30 minute drive from AUS to Pflugerville I can see why this thing would appeal to young outdoorsy types or couples just starting out. Solid competitor for things like the Jeep Renegade or Subaru Crosstrek.

Landed in Austin this evening and the rental place had a Bronco Sport. In the 30 minute drive from AUS to Pflugerville I can see why this thing would appeal to young outdoorsy types or couples just starting out. Solid competitor for things like the Jeep Renegade or Subaru Crosstrek.

That’s good to hear. This was a discussion at Expo Mountain last night, of all the US automakers FORD is killing it with as good as or better market options like the Transit van, Tremor package etc.

Good on ‘em. :thumbsup

They are capable vehicles without a doubt. Something in between an Xterra and a modern Cherokee. I think they will gain some popularity but in a few years go the way of many other cross over SUV's. If they came back with a solid front axle they would be a climbing goat just like their distant relative. That market is a niche enclave that seems to be fully owned and controlled by the Jeep Wrangler. Even those are beginning to sway from their target market. It's economics driven and while I don't like it, I understand with these manufacturers. This stuff trying to replicate something that is appealing to both the soccer mom and the rock crawler. Narre the two shall meet and is going to be a disaster for those who shell out the money believing they will accomplish both.

I really don't understand why Ford wants everything to have the same name, Mustang, Bronco, ...

Risk averse corporate mentality. No imagination.

What gets me is their package names are better than “Bronco”

Ford Sasquatch

Ford Warthog

Now that would be badass, and new. But they wasted those monikers on “trim levels”.

Ford has also cancelled the development of the Bronco pick up that was suppose to compete with the Gladiator.
Finally starting to see many empty dealer lots now here in Los Angeles, the largest auto market in the country/world. Up until a month or so ago, inventory was not terrible. So I imagine some of these decisions are supply chain based, others perhaps hedging against global economic uncertainties. Still a rough road ahead.

The other factor could be Rivian entering the market this month. That EV truck could be a major disruptor to the entire truck market in the same way I see so many Prius’ and Teslas every day around LA. The reception for Rivian and demand could flip the market. Initial reviews are pretty glowing. I expect to see more vehicle lines canceled as Ford, GM, and Toyota swing to EV. At least Stellantis (ugh still weird) has an easier path forward for EV that should keep the Wrangler/Gladiator around. The engineering of the JL/JT was very forward thinking.

It does state 25%, for two door orders. Interestingly, I remember the LA Auto Show where Jeep launched the JL Wrangler. It had porthole doors just like this, and they never made it to market. I’ll be surprised if Ford actually sells a two door Bronco that looks like this…

22A63C89-FF15-4B11-ACC1-AD72AB731B90.jpeg

Here’s some snaps of ARB’s loaner/test mule at Overland Expo Mountain West.

I know it was likely a pre-production model, but I was not real impressed. Sitting in it, I felt like I was in a basic car… not a truck. Just my .02

3153783F-A1D4-46EF-8336-A2F47D573317.jpeg
EA7227A1-FFC5-412A-B409-E120AF2661A9.jpeg
ECB610B4-DDFB-4527-B0E9-6C3A705FCC77.jpeg
C6BC27D3-3473-4296-9BC9-914D1CB3384E.jpeg
935B1B63-26BB-4A28-8455-7E7267B15AC3.jpeg
9A1C63A3-0F21-4975-B131-13F70465AF61.jpeg
016D5E03-A184-468C-B2E0-099521E09DC7.jpeg
5341A310-C228-40FC-87BA-47E44192C341.jpeg
B1C5DB11-ACDD-41CF-AF68-2B8A6CBF7B47.jpeg
C226DB67-D2E7-4E07-BB15-6A25B9F2FB46.jpeg

04289840-C3AA-4584-97F6-8B80E4EE42C0.jpeg

It does state 25%, for two door orders. Interestingly, I remember the LA Auto Show where Jeep launched the JL Wrangler. It had porthole doors just like this, and they never made it to market. I’ll be surprised if Ford actually sells a two door Bronco that looks like this…

View attachment 57526
Just imagining how thrashed that interior and technology would be from fine dust, mud etc. Thinking in particular that red dust you find in northern AZ or VA. Not against doors off, but it plays best with an older model Jeep, Scout, Bronco without all the fancy conveniences so you can basically hose it out.

Back
Top Bottom