2016 SoCal Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salim Miro here-Please add me to the wait list. I know it is full but you never know.

Cheers,

I think if people payed more attention to this forum they wouldn't be so surprised when things like this are full.

For example, our events usually fill up within a day or two of opening for RSVP.

All the dates for the year are announced, and it's well known that we open RSVP 60-90 days out as a rule. We also make it known on social media that we're about to open the list.

So anyone who really wants to attend can, if they're paying attention ;)

I think if people payed more attention to this forum they wouldn't be so surprised when things like this are full.....

So anyone who really wants to attend can, if they're paying attention ;)

Guilty. Had sold my van and was searching for a smaller more nimble test vehicle when the last MRV list opened. Found my test vehicle after a while but needless to say I failed to make the list and missed the wait list by a few hairs. Still mentally recovering....:D.
Eric

Ya.... I'm not liking the cap on the event either, this isn't a trip where you don't want alot of people in the group it's a stationary event. Everyone else would be more than happy to have as many people as they can show up. And the answer given "pay more attention " I'm sorry but there are alot of venues to keep track of.... not just this one...... it's a BIG desert.

The cap has to do with the BLM permit to have the event, not a desire to limit the number of participants. We can't just have a free-for-all, BLM won't allow it for fear it would become Burning Man Rendezvous or something.

I see it mainly as to better control the event not only for BLM, but also AAV staff and participants. There's a reason for everything. I've got a lot of events I'd like to participate myself; that's why I've got a calendar that I can input all the dates and reminders. Planning is everything.

Just saying

image.jpeg

I've been involved with event organization, on another forum, in the past. I finally gave up, trying to please all the people, all the time, is impossible. Thanks to all the staff that still have the gumption to put events like this together!:clang

I've also dealt with the BLM, it's been a few years, hopefully some faces/attitudes have changed from the government service employees (for the people?) that I dealt with. Ringling Brothers gave me a call after dealing with the "process" to put an event together, they heard that I was a master at jumping through hoops!

For your consideration before blowing the staff up or complaining...

1. BLM permits
2. Event organization on the forum(s)
3. Endless calls/e-mails/shipping arrangements to/from sponsors (raffle prizes don't just happen by magic)
4. In the case of this event, arranging for a safe manner to use firearms.
5. Trash collection arrangements for the dumpster that we use after the cleanup.
6. Most, if not all, still have day jobs and family's to take care of.

I've got no dog in this fight, no intention to be critical of anyone, just saying is all...

I'm looking forward to showing up, drinking some cold :beer, visiting with old friends, and making some new ones!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom