2016 American Adventurist Event Schedule

Doing all the leg work and not getting people to pitch in for the free event was always a hassle. And people demanded that we come up with everything. I should of implemented something like this back then to deal with the flakes who would hound the threads for months and then never show up.

We've been blessed with a generous community and many great friendships through our events. That said, implementing some controls will really make our lives easier which is key if these events are to continue.

Seems reasonable to me. I've been guilty of having to back out once (at least I gave a month's warning!), and I wouldn't have been sore over having to eat a deposit in that instance. (Mixup on the family calendar with competing events).

Seems reasonable to me. I've been guilty of having to back out once (at least I gave a month's warning!), and I wouldn't have been sore over having to eat a deposit in that instance. (Mixup on the family calendar with competing events).

We understand that things happen and sometimes you have to cancel so dont even worry about it, but there was a pattern developing with some people. We had to find a way to break the cycle

We understand that things happen and sometimes you have to cancel so dont even worry about it, but there was a pattern developing with some people. We had to find a way to break the cycle
I'm guilty.. it's happened twice in a row for me now. Deposit on an RSVP spot will ensure I dont flake.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I like the idea of paying for the spot in addition to making a donation to BSA. I spent a few weeks and weekends at Camp Tahquitz as a Boy Scout. Love the idea of going back. Don't mind making donations for future events either. I've been involved in planning other events and a lot of time, energy, and definitely money goes into it. I'm in and so are the boys!

Mountain Rendezvous activity question - Traveling from AZ one of the parts I really like about the Desert Rendezvous is the off roading options near by. Are there off roading options close or in the area of the camp for the Mountain Rendezvous?

The Big Bear area is well known for a large number of off-road trails, from mild to wild. Look up trails like John Bull, Gold Mountain, Pilot Rock, Holcomb Creek, Holcomb Valley. There are many more.

facebook post said list will go live in june. so will it be this month or after the 4th of july? i didnt make it last time out and want to make sure i get a spot this time. i was added last minute because of cancellation but was not enough time for me to get ready for the trip.

Whatever is posted here on the Forum is always the most up to date info.

So what you're trying to say is you should take a look:pirate at the new posts on the forum every day or so? If one were to do that, can it be assumed that they won't miss pertinent information regarding the sign ups for a Rendezvous event? :confused:

I am incredibly bored tonight...to the point that I find myself amusing!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom