2016 American Adventurist Event Schedule

Hi
New to this..how do I sign up for the Appalachian Rendez Vous?

Some time before the ARV, a thread will be created for that event. Once the thread is open, you must RSVP by posting in that thread. Keep an eye on the forum and the various AAV Social Media platforms and you'll get some hint of when that thread will be created.

The key to getting on the list is to watch the forums regularly at least two months out. The DRV list was in such flux this last time that Dave & Co were thinking of changing the process. For whatever reason the ARV list doesn't seem to fill up as fast as the MRV and DRV's do.

Thanks guys, all good info.

As a general rule I try to make the dates known FAR in advance for planning and the event/RSVP thread is usually posted at least 60 days out.

Yes, starting with Mountain Rendezvous this year (August) there will be changes to the RSVP process.

Due to the heinous amounts of last minute flakes we saw at Desert Rendezvous, there will be a non-refundable $20 registration fee for each event.

This should help fund things that we give away free like the event swag etc.

As we grow, we must evolve :)

Hi
New to this..how do I sign up for the Appalachian Rendez Vous?
The other key thing @craig p, since this is your very first post, is to go to this thread and introduce yourself to the forum. We welcome learning more about you, where you're from, and what your preferred vehicle and activities are, along with some pictures too, if you can.

You'll be surprised to learn that there may be members near you, and you'll benefit more from joining the forum by sharing a little bit of information. Welcome! :thumbsup

Last edited:

As a general rule I try to make the dates known FAR in advance for planning and the event/RSVP thread is usually posted at least 60 days out.

Yes, starting with Mountain Rendezvous this year (August) there will be changes to the RSVP process.

Due to the heinous amounts of last minute flakes we saw at Desert Rendezvous, there will be a non-refundable $20 registration fee for each event.

Say the word, Dave, and I'll buy a long-term subscription!

Expo West is on the books - Outstanding event! :thumbsup

RSVP list for Mountain Rendezvous will go live sometime around 5 July 2016 - due to the heinous amounts of last minute flake outs on RSVP's for previous events (6 years worth!) there will now be, starting with MRV, a non-refundable $20 registration fee for all RSVP's.

Expo West is on the books - Outstanding event! :thumbsup

RSVP list for Mountain Rendezvous will go live sometime around 5 July 2016 - due to the heinous amounts of last minute flake outs on RSVP's for previous events (6 years worth!) there will now be, starting with MRV, a non-refundable $20 registration fee for all RSVP's.
Is there going to be a $30 total for the boy scouts like previous years? If so can we pay in full at time of RSVP? ,

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Is there going to be a $30 total for the boy scouts like previous years? If so can we pay in full at time of RSVP? ,

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

RSVP is a separate issue from the donation.

Explain please.

See quote below -

Thanks Richard.

Explain please.

As I said above in post #65 back in April:

Then I said:

Followed by:

RSVP is a separate issue from the donation.

What does that mean? RSVP is $20 non-refundable. Local donations will remain the same and be handled in the same way.

Why?

We're not doing the whole "swirl" thing here anymore @brentbba . Our time and efforts are valuable.

We've dealt with cavalier attitudes about making RSVP's and cancelling over the last six years and enough is enough - last DRV we had an attrition rate (we call it the swirl) of almost 30% last minute cancellations that we had to manage and fill from the wait list.

Like I said earlier, as we grow we must evolve :)

Not the question asked Richard. I understand the 'deposit' to keep the flakes out and quite frankly agree 100%, but the question asked by the OP on the RSVP subject was whether the 'deposit' was then part of the overall 'donation' to BSA or not. Some could read it as $20 to somewhere and another $30 'donation' to BSA. Dave's response was that the RSVP (payment?) was a separate issue from the donation leading me to believe they may be totally separate payments now.

Edit - Thanks Dave- so if the donation to BSA stayed the same at $30, we'd pay an add'l $10 at the door? I like the non-refundable and totally agree it'll keep the flakes from taking coveted positions on the RSVP list.

Not the question asked Richard. I understand the 'deposit' to keep the flakes out and quite frankly agree 100%, but the question asked by the OP on the RSVP subject was whether the 'deposit' was then part of the overall 'donation' to BSA or not. Some could read it as $20 to somewhere and another $30 'donation' to BSA. Dave's response was that the RSVP (payment?) was a separate issue from the donation leading me to believe they may be totally separate payments now.

Exactly.

Seems fair enough to me, and like the logical decision. Especially if you are planning these out. For 5yrs I ran a forum for F-Body owners in Virginia. And we planned out events, from car cruises to a board walk show in Va Beach. Doing all the leg work and not getting people to pitch in for the free event was always a hassle. And people demanded that we come up with everything. I should of implemented something like this back then to deal with the flakes who would hound the threads for months and then never show up.

We'd like to attend the next event, but not sure I'll be in SoCal by then. My plans for the summer involve Idaho, Washington and Oregon and then letting the temperatures push us south through California. And I don't think I'll be in Southern California till November.

Don't know yet. Might just be worth putting the miles on the Airstream and truck. At least July gives me some time to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom