2014 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Are you attending the 2014 Desert Rendezvous?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an SWR meter they would be willing to bring out to the event? I need to get my CB tuned, and see if I can get the dang thing working...

If you could, that would be awesome! How can I repay you? I'll have to come find you to see if we can get this thing working. I need to replace the coax first. That's on my list to get done before the trip.

Brand new to this forum, I have read the report from 2013 and would love to attend this year! Gonna put in for the time off this week!

I also have a swr in my truck... you can use mine if you need to. White taco with my teardrop. You will see me there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I also have a swr in my truck... you can use mine if you need to. White taco with my teardrop. You will see me there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Cool. I'm sure I will find someone that's got one... I'll look for ya.

I have an antenna analyzer that works on a lot of bands. If the radio is working, we should be able to diagnose the problem and get the antenna tuned in.

I have an antenna analyzer that works on a lot of bands. If the radio is working, we should be able to diagnose the problem and get the antenna tuned in.

Problem is, it powers on and channels all work, but I can't send or recieve transmissions. I'm going to replace the coax before the trip, as that's the only thing that is iffy.

Most times the problems are antenna related. Usually contact, ground, or coax problems. We should be able to figure it out. There are a few knowledgeable hams here that can help. I know enough to be dangerous.:)

Most times the problems are antenna related. Usually contact, ground, or coax problems. We should be able to figure it out. There are a few knowledgeable hams here that can help. I know enough to be dangerous.:)

The antenna should be grounded, as it sits on a bare metal mount. I noticed a bare spot on the coax, so I am going to replace that. I'm hoping tbese antenna just needs a good tuning.

Don't forget to vote in the poll as well as posting up in this thread. Some of us moderator types (mainly me) aren't the brightest crayons in the box and get distracted and confused easily. By Voting and Posting it makes it easier for us to keep things straight.

Are there going to be Tshirts and Stickers? How many greenbacks do I need to bring in order to buy a couple of stickers and a T shirt? With HeiserOil going the say of the Dodo bird, I am going to have some very valuable window real estate on the back of my truck shortly... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom