Zam15's Adventure Build

Zam15

Adventurist
Camping funk is no more!

Testing out the water setup but its coming along great! Flow is good, can turn off the nozzle and the pump will cut off at the desired pressure. 18 Gallon Tank allows for a few quick showers, but no heat yet, still deciding on the best heat exchanger. Bike rack seems to be the best place for the shower head, far enough away from the truck and the perfect height.

Air tank has also been hooked up! Still finalizing the quick disconnect mounting locations.

Zam15

Adventurist
Fridge is in! This time I can actually use my ARB slide! Can open the fridge inside and outside the camper now. Also makes cleaning the fridge a whole lot easier! Also have another battery from the previous Flip-Pac owner and I'm thinking about mounting it behind the fridge on the slide. Everything clears just perfectly! No more fridge bouncing around the back of the truck! Also fridge vents right next to the window so hopefully that will help keep the heat and power usage down.

Zam15

Adventurist

Now this was as stressful as when I did my ARB snorkel! But the connivance was worth it for me!
Fresh water fill port for my water tank!
Made sure I was far enough away from any structural fiberglass and made a great bracket on the back end to sandwich it in!

Zam15

Adventurist
Testing out an area flood light placement on the camper. Think I prefer under the overhang.

Things light up quite the area and are not too harsh on the eyes.

Borrego60

Adventurist
Founding Member

Now this was as stressful as when I did my ARB snorkel! But the connivance was worth it for me!
Fresh water fill port for my water tank!
Made sure I was far enough away from any structural fiberglass and made a great bracket on the back end to sandwich it in!
Very clean nice job.

Zam15

Adventurist
Where did you camp out at, Any fishing????
No fishing, we camped at La Jolla Indian Reservation, but I've been fishing up river at Henshaw before, they also have boat rentals.
Derek get a Helton and be done with it! Hot water is the best, now you have a tank---heat and store!
Helton or other has been on my wish list for a while, still have a back log of projects on the truck but hope to get to that point soon!

Just about to be desert season! May also look into Palomar Mountain for some short weekend campouts.

Zam15

Adventurist
Veterans day weekend outing to the desert, weather was great and was able to take some friends exploring.

Lots of great rigs out this weekend!

So much great geology!

Tight squeeze in a few spots, happy that I built out a min truck!

With the full moon we didn't even need our lights. Camping setup just keeps getting better.

Zam15

Adventurist
Always trying to keep the truck utilitarian and capable so I finally picked up some new chains to fit the 35s, found the perfect way to store them on trips too! Also picked up a drop hitch, not that I tow or would tow much. But it leaves it an option of a small off-road camper, cargo, boat or toy trailer. Still a little high but when filled up gas, water and fully adjustable coilovers I could easily put her in lowrider tow mode! Now just need a V8...

Last edited:
Top Bottom